Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > home brew supply shops in......NJ!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #121
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

They are probably busy worrying about their grape deliveries coming up which is what most of their customers are really interested in anyway. It's really a wine maker shop that sells some beer stuff.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #122
BillBeer247
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver77 View Post
Corrode's have been out of yeast for a month now. How ridiculous is that?
They just dont give a crap about their customers
i find that hard to believe, you must mean a specific strand of yeast.

i like cask and kettle in boonton

Old 09-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #123
jhorgan1
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by njwineandbeer View Post
Hello -

I realize im very late to this post but i STILL have this problem. Im told there is a good place jsut over the Tapanzee bridge - im curious if any of you have found good alternatives. I shop at Corados for beer and wine supplies but dont get a warm and fuzzy there and have had mixed results

Thanks
@njwineandbeer
I see you're in Hoboken. Great place, I live there myself. I like to go to cask and kettle in booton. Its an awesome place to go if you have a car or motorcycle. The ingredients are pretty cheap although I prefer to buy all my equipment online since I can usually get it cheaper. There's also a place in brooklyn but I've never been there before. I'll probably check it out over the winter when its no longer practical for me to ride my motorcycle to cask and kettle.

In the works: Lime Beer, Stone Ruination clone, my quest for my own perfect original IPA recipe
Primary: Edworts Haus Pale Ale, PM Raging Bitch clone (dry hopping)
Keg: Guinness Clone
Bottled: Oktoberfest and Sourish IPA

Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #124
Daver77
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBeer247 View Post
i find that hard to believe, you must mean a specific strand of yeast.

i like cask and kettle in boonton
NO, just go in anytime this week and see for your self. They had 4 or 5 vials of yeast and they were super yeast. I keep asking Jimmy he doesn't even know what to say anymore.

I will say they did get in a lot of hops (all whole)

I'll be shopping at mistucky or booton from now on.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #125
thegerm
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm going to throw in my support for cask and kettle in boonton as well. their grain prices are really great. They also frequently have some of the popular hops when they're totally sold out at the top online shops. The shop owner and his helpers are very nice, also.

Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #126
Bruin
Recipes 

+1 for Cask and Kettle. Joe is owner and a friendly and knowlegable brewer. One of the widest selections of equipment and ingredients I've seen for a store that size.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #127
KeyportHobbies
Recipes 

We just got our second order of supplies and ingredients in since we opened our Homebrew Depatment. We will have Kegs and Kegging Equipment in stock next week. If you're in the area stop by and check us out.

The Homebrew Shoppe at Keyport Hobbies
14 West Front Street
Keyport, NJ 07735
2 minutes from Exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway

Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 AM   #128
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypantz13

I've been two Beercrafters twice. Its expensive. Cheaper for me to buy online and pay shipping, and I'm only 15 minutes away. Cost me over $10 last week for caps and iodophor. If I hadn't needed the stuff so badly I would have just said forget it.

HomeSweet HomeBrew in Philly is pretty good. Thought I'd save myself $3 on the bridge and go to Beercrafters last week and regretted that. Could have gotten lunch and gelato in Philly...
Dunno what bridge YOU'RE taking but those bridges are $5 these days!!!

I live close to brewapp, their yeast selection is ok I guess and their grain prices are a little high. The people are super nice and for you extract brewers their kits are really quite affordable. I doubt ANYONE has extract as fresh as theirs. I find their prices competitive with online. Their frequent brewer reward is pretty nice, I just wish they carried more than 5 yeasts (s04, s05, wlp001, wlp002, wlp hefe).

I also like keystone homebrew supply in montgomeryville PA. It's a bit of a ride but their store is AWESOME!

Edit: I just realized his thread was 5 years old. My bad. Stupid iPad app.

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #129
sloose
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman
Bobby M,

I realize that you are an all grain brewer, but have you tried any of the BA extract recipes? If so, what kind of success have you had. I've brewed 3 extract recipes from them, so so results each.

Postman
I've done a couple BA kits, their fields of golden wheat was to die for, delicious. Metedeconk summer ale was good, not great though. I tried deep nuts brown ale at a tasting event they had, it was excellent there but when I brewed it on premises with friends it was mediocre (before my acquiring my own hb stuff).

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

Old 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #130
s0m3f00l
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm from Jersey City and for my money and time I choose Brooklyn Brew. Works out to be about the same as flat rate shipping from most supplies when you include tolls/gas and and I get to chew the proverbial fat with some of the other brewers. Really great place. If I am doing a weird specialty batch and have time Ill order from one of the online guys and buy yeast at whole foods (who surprisingly has a rather large stock)

Quick Reply