New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Holiday Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
bluedragoon85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Holiday Beer

Hi, This weekend me and some friends got our hands on some "noche buena" beer. This beer is a bock style beer brewed in Mexico during the winter time... I really haven't tasted any other bock style Lagers so I can't vouch for the quality... Anyhow, it is 5.9% ABV, so it seems to be a lighter version of bock beer... Regardles, I liked it! sure better then the beers that are brewed year round around where I lived... I was wondering what other Holiday beers their are atm and what you all think about them? Also, if anyone has ever had a drink, or two............ . . . of "noche buena" I would like to see what you think about it and if it is or is not a good example of Bock Lager... Thanks and enjoy the holiday goodies

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/228.jpg

Last edited by bluedragoon85; 12-02-2007 at 10:43 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 130 Times on 124 Posts

In this day of doubles, triples and Imperial everything, it should be noted that 5.9% is on the high end of a traditional Bock. Geistbocks can be as low as 4%.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-03-2007, 01:29 AM   #3
bluedragoon85
Recipes 

ok, I see... I thought Bocks were usually higher than 6% ABV (according to what I have read)... I am interested in doing a Bavarian Bock so I can make my own conclusions... I'm actually interested in brewing a lot of different styles, but this might be one of my upcoming ones to hit the primary... thanks for feedback ^^

Quick Reply