High Gravity Brewing (The Store)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIM_Tattoos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently ordered the weldless heating element kits from High Gravity Homebrew Supplies (http://www.highgravitybrew.com/). And I was bummed out as I'm collecting T-shirts from each place I'm purchasing parts from to build my new setup, and they didn't have any. I placed my order with them still and just asked that they let me know if they have anymore made, and that I would like to buy one. I checked my front door this morning and there was a package, my weldless fittings and an awesome (free) t-shirt. :rockin:

I agree, they are a pretty good shop. I have bought from them before and will do so again. I always wanted to try that Belgian style Quad they sell. I'd love to try the all-grain, but my 6.5 gal pot wont allow it.

Cant say that I like the store or will purchase from them again. I ordered a conical from them 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I needed the conical for my big Dogfish Head 120 brew that I was doing 10 days later so I called in to see if it would be delivered in time. The woman said yes they drop ship them in 24-48 hours and I would have it by the next weekend. Well the weekend came and went and still nothing. Now when I called again I was told that they are behind on orders abut assured me it would be out by the 3rd today and they would send me a email confirming this. Well that was Monday and still no email or tracking number and my status is still preparing to ship. So it looks like it wont make it this weekend either. This causes a problem since I am buying this for this brew and if I cant brew this weekend then I will have to wait until after the holidays to even think about brewing the DFH120. I am considering just canceling the order and buying a SS conical from another store.

Cant say that I like the store or will purchase from them again. I ordered a conical from them 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I needed the conical for my big Dogfish Head 120 brew that I was doing 10 days later so I called in to see if it would be delivered in time. The woman said yes they drop ship them in 24-48 hours and I would have it by the next weekend. Well the weekend came and went and still nothing. Now when I called again I was told that they are behind on orders abut assured me it would be out by the 3rd today and they would send me a email confirming this. Well that was Monday and still no email or tracking number and my status is still preparing to ship. So it looks like it wont make it this weekend either. This causes a problem since I am buying this for this brew and if I cant brew this weekend then I will have to wait until after the holidays to even think about brewing the DFH120. I am considering just canceling the order and buying a SS conical from another store.

Odd. I've always had good luck with them. I guess every store has problems now and again, though. If you are up to it call and ask to talk to dave. He is one of the owners and will likely make it right.

Odd. I've always had good luck with them. I guess every store has problems now and again, though. If you are up to it call and ask to talk to dave. He is one of the owners and will likely make it right.

Ha. If he is talking to the same woman each time he is likely talking to Daves wife, which means Dave has no authority over anything she does.

They are a very good store. Hey, at least they answer your calls right?

Back