Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > High Gravity Brewing (The Store)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
HIM_Tattoos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default High Gravity Brewing (The Store)

Hey guys,

I recently ordered the weldless heating element kits from High Gravity Homebrew Supplies (http://www.highgravitybrew.com/). And I was bummed out as I'm collecting T-shirts from each place I'm purchasing parts from to build my new setup, and they didn't have any. I placed my order with them still and just asked that they let me know if they have anymore made, and that I would like to buy one. I checked my front door this morning and there was a package, my weldless fittings and an awesome (free) t-shirt.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
buzzkill
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

nice..I shop that store in person all the time and all I got was a bumper sticker.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
BrewN00b
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I agree, they are a pretty good shop. I have bought from them before and will do so again. I always wanted to try that Belgian style Quad they sell. I'd love to try the all-grain, but my 6.5 gal pot wont allow it.

Primary Fermenter: English ESB

Secondary: EMPTY :(

Secondary: Empty :(

Old 11-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
wedge421
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yah im thinking about getting their SS Electric brew setup.

Last edited by wedge421; 11-12-2009 at 01:26 AM.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
ThatGuyRyan
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Cant say that I like the store or will purchase from them again. I ordered a conical from them 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I needed the conical for my big Dogfish Head 120 brew that I was doing 10 days later so I called in to see if it would be delivered in time. The woman said yes they drop ship them in 24-48 hours and I would have it by the next weekend. Well the weekend came and went and still nothing. Now when I called again I was told that they are behind on orders abut assured me it would be out by the 3rd today and they would send me a email confirming this. Well that was Monday and still no email or tracking number and my status is still preparing to ship. So it looks like it wont make it this weekend either. This causes a problem since I am buying this for this brew and if I cant brew this weekend then I will have to wait until after the holidays to even think about brewing the DFH120. I am considering just canceling the order and buying a SS conical from another store.

shat happens

Old 12-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Donner
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyRyan View Post
Cant say that I like the store or will purchase from them again. I ordered a conical from them 2 weeks ago and still nothing. I needed the conical for my big Dogfish Head 120 brew that I was doing 10 days later so I called in to see if it would be delivered in time. The woman said yes they drop ship them in 24-48 hours and I would have it by the next weekend. Well the weekend came and went and still nothing. Now when I called again I was told that they are behind on orders abut assured me it would be out by the 3rd today and they would send me a email confirming this. Well that was Monday and still no email or tracking number and my status is still preparing to ship. So it looks like it wont make it this weekend either. This causes a problem since I am buying this for this brew and if I cant brew this weekend then I will have to wait until after the holidays to even think about brewing the DFH120. I am considering just canceling the order and buying a SS conical from another store.
Odd. I've always had good luck with them. I guess every store has problems now and again, though. If you are up to it call and ask to talk to dave. He is one of the owners and will likely make it right.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4628 Times on 4311 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donner View Post
Odd. I've always had good luck with them. I guess every store has problems now and again, though. If you are up to it call and ask to talk to dave. He is one of the owners and will likely make it right.
Ha. If he is talking to the same woman each time he is likely talking to Daves wife, which means Dave has no authority over anything she does.

They are a very good store. Hey, at least they answer your calls right?

Quick Reply