New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heresy!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 06:11 PM   #21
waskelton4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a pretty firm believer that EVERY beer has it's place.. the only rule to this is that it has to taste at least kind of like beer..

mic. ultra. = club soda.
and i'm not sure what to think about the new fruit flavored mic. ultra beers.. yikes..

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #22
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn

Recipes 

Liked 452 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 355

"I don't drink to get buzzed, in fact I don't like the feeling of more than a light buzz."

And I smoked pot, but didn't inhale . . . .

Old 05-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Whelk
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoldur
"I don't drink to get buzzed, in fact I don't like the feeling of more than a light buzz."

And I smoked pot, but didn't inhale . . . .

Heh. But seriously, it's rare that I want to get all trashed. Usually it's pretty inconvenient, I'd like to be able to drink a few with lunch and not wrap my car around a playground or nunnery or something.

Nothing until I figure out if I can make it happen over in the UK.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've never understood why some people who, because they don't like something, will insist that it is crap and try to convince the world that this is so(usually in the loudest of voices) As was said earlier in this thread, BMC types are considered America Lagers and are actually one of the most difficult styles to get right. If you don't like it, don't drink it. But calling it dog piss isn't being honest, unless someone out there knows first hand what dog piss tastes like

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #25
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskelton4
I'm a pretty firm believer that EVERY beer has it's place.. the only rule to this is that it has to taste at least kind of like beer..

mic. ultra. = club soda.
and i'm not sure what to think about the new fruit flavored mic. ultra beers.. yikes..
I agree. I'd much rather drink my own beer or a nice quality micro, but if I go over to one of my buddies house and they have Bud Lite, I'll drink a couple.

My personal BMC guilty pleasure is Bud Ice. I always have at least a 12 of Bud Ice and GLBC's Dortmunder Gold around the house somewhere (in addition to all of the other beer that I make/purchase).

Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #26
cubbies
Tastes like butterdirt

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I personally am not a big fan of the american light lager. Like others have mentioned, I find them rather tasteless. The bar that is by my house that I frequent, has no "good" beer, all they have is american light lager. Not even so much as an Amber Bock...but when I go I do drink Miller Lite. Call it the lesser of a few evils I guess. Personally I think Budweiser is the best tasting of all of them, but for whatever reason, my stomach cant handle it. I get the worst hangovers from Bud.

I am not going to sit around and tell people it is beer water, or that it is not really beer or anything else. To each his own. A good chunk of my friends cant stand dark beers, or overly hoppy beers. What is funny to me though is that when people start arguing which light lager is best. Going back to that bar I was talking about, you have a handful of people who drink bud light, a handful that drink Busch, a handful that drink miller light, and a handful that drink busch light and every now and then an argument will break out over which one is better. I always find that amusing because I would bet $100 you could pour each one of them in an unmarked cup and not a single one of them would be able to tell them apart.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #27
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies
I am not going to sit around and tell people it is beer water, or that it is not really beer or anything else. To each his own. A good chunk of my friends cant stand dark beers, or overly hoppy beers. What is funny to me though is that when people start arguing which light lager is best. Going back to that bar I was talking about, you have a handful of people who drink bud light, a handful that drink Busch, a handful that drink miller light, and a handful that drink busch light and every now and then an argument will break out over which one is better. I always find that amusing because I would bet $100 you could pour each one of them in an unmarked cup and not a single one of them would be able to tell them apart.

good point

I mean, in the end we're all still sitting around having a beer with each other right? Who cares what we're drinking. I may not like what you have in your glass but Im not going to sit there and tell you what you're drinking is dog piss because that would be just plain ignorant of me.

I live in a small town where everyone knows Im a brewer. And quite a few people have come over and enjoyed many kegs at my place. Then when I go out and am in the mood to drink multiple pitchers of beer on the cheap, I drink Lite. They just cant figure out why......I try to explain the beauty of beers, and how theres a style for every occasion.

But I then I continue reading these posts and just give up.

Last edited by Desert_Sky; 05-23-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #28
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskelton4
I'm a pretty firm believer that EVERY beer has it's place.
Oh, I agree fully. Like Blue Moon's "place" is in the trash. Miller Lite's "place" is at a frat party where guys are piercing a hole in the side of the can with their keys so that they can do a shotgun.

Seriously, I'm with some of the other guys here when I say that American Piss Lager is a style like any other, and it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It's a simplistic style, devoid of character and interest, but a style nonetheless

But I'll temper that by saying that it brings alot of that hate on itself by talking about all the flavor they have.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 05-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #29
BadKarma
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I remember Papazian saying once, a lonnnnggggg time ago, "If you want to beechwood age your brew like Bud, tape chunks of beechwood on the outside of your fermenter. Thats about as close as Bud gets."

I've been to the brewery in St. Louis, he's pretty much right.

On a real hot day, I won't turn down just about anything thats brewed with malt and hops and is ice cold!!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #30
Short Drive
Brewer Baseball!

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Street Brewery
But calling it dog piss isn't being honest, unless someone out there knows first hand what dog piss tastes like
Let's see a show of hands. Be honest now.

Al

Magic Bus Brewery

Quick Reply