Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Help! Skeptical Friends!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #71
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1926 Times on 1694 Posts
Likes Given: 1428

My grandma was one of the best shiners I ever knew. Her keg charred moon was clear & smooth. I litterally cut teeth on it. she had this cut lil smile when p[op told her I liked it when my teeth would hurt comin in. some things are so dear you never forget them. She was hard to get next to,but once you did she was a friend for life. Her ...let me see...grandpa was the Apache chief. she looked like she could be Geronimo's sister. From what I've found,he could be my 3 times removed uncle. she had the same sort of way about her. A hard worker,she would make the best batch of whiskey or cherry wine you ever had. Easy to drink & get you,as pop used to be so fond of saying...higher than a Georgia pine. I learned pretty early on what he ment.
Where I'm going with this diatribe is simple. I grew up from a toddler on home distilled & fermented spiruits & wines. And I'm here,healthy as can be at middle age from hard manual labor all my life. If they still won't drink it,I'
ll personally get together with you & them & explain it in simple terms as well as scientific. I also got straight "A"'s in the living sciences. So much so that the teacher had me helping him with the other students. So let me talk to these small minded paranoid types. I've had enough of this yuppie BS.
passedpawn Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #72
charley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Unionrdr... That was a cool story. :mugs: to you brother

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply