New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Help, no carbination in the bottle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
fish2night
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help, no carbination in the bottle.

This is northern's 115 hop bursted imperial ipa. 2weeks primary, 5weeks secondary 3 weeks since bottling. All I can hear is a tiny piss. When I pour it... I cant get a bubble... Should I open and try to drop some sugar in each one? The beer is very potent I figure the alcohol content was too high for the yeast. Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #2
homebrewdad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 307 Times on 231 Posts
Likes Given: 224

If you are getting a hiss, then carbonation is underway - your yeast are doing their jobs.

What you have to understand is that three weeks at 70 degrees is the baseline for normal beers. Higher gravity or lower templs can make this take longer.

Don't open them, don't do anything - just give it more time. If you put the right amount of priming sugar in at bottling, the beer WILL carb up, it just takes time.

Fermenting: nothing
Lagering: Swarthy Satyr (traditional bock)
Bottled: Royal Goblin (Hoppy Hobgoblin rendition), Treasure Type "T" (oatmeal toffee stout), Enchantress (big Irish red ale), Frostfire (Oktoberfest), Thundersmoke brown ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply