Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Help with new kegerator!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
jypuckett
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help with new kegerator!!

Hello. Need some help with kegerator setup. I just built my first one and am having issues with the pressure. The beer pours fine the first time but after 2-3 pours I notice the pressure drops to almost 0 and I have to readjust the setting. Any advice? Leak maybe? Although Im not new to drinking beer I am new with the kegerator setup. Surely this is not how its suppose to be. Its a brand new keg kit from beverage factory so I assumed everything would work fine when hooked up the first time. FYI, its a sixth barrel of blue moon and a 5 lb tank with a dual gauge. Thanks for any advice. I read a lot of really good info from this site while researching/building my kegerator.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1387 Times on 1119 Posts

If by "I notice the pressure drops to almost 0" means both gauges are reading 0, most likely you are out of CO2. If, otoh, the high pressure gauge is still reading something substantially higher than "zero", something else may be happening...

Cheers!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Close the valve to the keg after the regulator. Close the valve from the CO2 tank . Pull the pressure relief valve on the regulator to '0' the gauge. Keep the valve after the regulator closed, and open the valve from the CO2 tank. What pressure do you read?

Quick Reply