Help naming my Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sTango

Dunwich Brewing Co.
Reaction score
I have an Irish Stout in secondary right now. I need help with the name. It needs to be Lovecraftian (in keeping with the works of the author HP Lovecraft
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft) or his peers such as Clark Ashton Smith, Robert Bloch and other horror writers from that time period -- I have left out MANY).

The best I can come up with is Dagon Extra Stout (even though it is an extract kit, and not extra stout (although I guess I could consider it a 'weak' extra stout porter!)) <--- do you love the parenthesis?

So anyway, if you are interested let me know what you can come up with!

:tank:

Having others name your brew just seems wrong to me, its like asking someone to name your kids. Its just not right I tell ya.

Gary, believe me I wrestled with this.

But I figuired I gathered it together, cooked it, chanted over it on a dark winters night, sacrificed kittens to it, watched over it every day and will love it to the last drop....hey you're right....what the hell was I thinking?

Providence? Not obviously Lovecraftian enough for me.

RE-Animated Imperial Stout?

Into the Dark Imperial Stout?

Truely it is yours to do with what you will, but providence is merely a north eastern city to most.

true dat....

hplgrave.jpg

Seriously, 90% of the people you share your brew with will just say "Oh" when you say what the name means means, but if it makes you happy, that is what matters. I guess.

Back