Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Help my Bud has no flavor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #12
jerly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

There was a thread on it a while back.

I think it was mostly left unresolved.

Last edited by jerly; 08-07-2007 at 12:35 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
In [U]

I've heard that Hops and Marijuana are closely related.

Anybody know anything about this?
They are very similar plants

Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 AM   #14
SixFoFalcon
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Some oenophiles will actually force themselves to avoid drinking their favorite wines too frequently, to keep from developing a "cellar palate". If you become too exclusive and only drink the same thing day in and day out, eventually you find that on the odd occasions when you do try something different, you invariably find that it doesn't measure up to your expectations. You need to continually expand your horizons or risk missing out on some of life's finest pleasures.

Personally, I can't drink Bud Light without gagging, but I have a guilty pleasure of my own called Yuengling Lager. In my mind, I know it's not "good beer" and I don't exactly sit around savoring every drop and contemplating it's complexities. Most times I choose something else with more character and flavor. But dammit, the stuff is just too familiar... it's like mother's milk around here. If I'm feeling indecisive about my next drink, or if nothing on the menu excites me, I'll often just have a Lager or 10. And for the price, it's a perfect candidate for things like game day, where mass consumption is going to be carried out over several hours.

Sometimes you can be offered caviar, but you still just want a bag of potato chips. Nothing wrong with that.

On tap:Witbier, American Stout, Imperial Stout, Root Beer

Bottled:"Massacreation" Chinook Barleywine, Belgian Golden Strong Ale, English IPA, Cabernet Sauvignon
Next: US IPA

Old 08-07-2007, 12:49 AM   #15
Buford

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I had a Yuengling the other day that had so much acetaldehyde taste that it seemed like I was drinking hard cider. I occasionally try "lesser" beers and are reminded of why I don't normally drink them

Now, I will drink a High Life if I'm in the mood for corn, but that's not all that often.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 08-07-2007, 12:59 AM   #16
Hemi

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talleymonster
I've heard that Hops and Marijuana are closely related.

Anybody know anything about this?
Both hops and marijuana are indeed closely related. I am actually planning on brewing an experimental Sativa Ale as like some of us, I "use" to be a pot head and now its legal to possess up to a certain quantity in Denver County (still technically illegal in Colorado, damn catch-22s). Think I'm drawn to it since I have not read anyone who knew what they were doing (knew about both beer and marijuana). Unfortunately for this to be legal, I have to brew and consume these in Denver County otherwise I would be breaking the law, and I'm a law abiding citizen .
On Tap: EdWort's Apfelwein #8, Starlight Cyser, Flat Ass Tired v1.2, Flast Ass Tired v1.2

Old 08-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkore
I spent 18 years of my life thinking beer was friggin nasty stuff...cuz dad only drank Bud/bud light/bud ice. The prefix had to be 'bud'.

Then I got to try a microbrew...don't even remember what, but I liked it.
Then I got to try a Guinness draft can....

I still think buttweiser is nothing but pond water that's been carbonated.
This sounds like me. Well it wasn't 18 years and it wasn't my dad but my friends (my dad doesn't drink). It wasn't until I graduated college and moved to the Boston area from Indiana that I experienced good beer. Completely changed my opinion of beer. Now back home in Cleveland there is a much better selection of good beers available than I remember.

Craig

Quick Reply