Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heavy Holiday Beers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
jasonsbeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Heavy Holiday Beers

Not wanting to miss the mark again this year, I thought I would inquire as to some favorite recipes out there for the heavier winter ales.

I figure if I get a decent recipe now and brew it in the next month or two, I should be set come Christmas. The big ones need lots of rest and aging.

In addition, I may try an Old Feziwig ale this year, but that's a lighter beer that can wait. Any recommendations on a clone for this favorite?

There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.

Winston Churchill

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
TUCK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsbeer View Post
Not wanting to miss the mark again this year, I thought I would inquire as to some favorite recipes out there for the heavier winter ales.

I figure if I get a decent recipe now and brew it in the next month or two, I should be set come Christmas. The big ones need lots of rest and aging.

In addition, I may try an Old Feziwig ale this year, but that's a lighter beer that can wait. Any recommendations on a clone for this favorite?
Not really a Christmas beer but a holiday brew for myself and family for sure

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/chocolate-espresso-stout-40754/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply