Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Headytopper ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #1
1fast636
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 291 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Was wondering if any of you locals up there could help me out? My in law is making a beer run for me (she lives up there) I was wondering what the going rate for heady topper is? 4 pack price or 6 pack price which ever it's sold and what is the price on a case? I don't want to have her looking for it if its pricy as hell

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
lakedawgs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Only sold in 16oz can 4 packs. I am planning a trip out there with the family and want to pickup a case. I called a couple of stores and it seems to go for about $14 per 4pk.
Very limited distribution. Check the alchemist brewery website for a distribution map. Also goes very fast, the stores I called said they are usually sold out within a couple of days of delivery, every week!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1386 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I've heard it's about $70/ case.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
zippyclown
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast636 View Post
Was wondering if any of you locals up there could help me out? My in law is making a beer run for me (she lives up there) I was wondering what the going rate for heady topper is? 4 pack price or 6 pack price which ever it's sold and what is the price on a case? I don't want to have her looking for it if its pricy as hell
It's about $75/case. Have the in-law call them first. I live 3 hours from the brewery and I know a lot of friends who have driven there only to find out they can't buy ANY. Not at stores. Not at the brewery. None available. I know a guy who drove 3 hours and struck out at Alchemist and also at Hill Farmstead. Spent another few hours driving to local stores that claimed they carried it, and struck out there, too. Drove home empty handed and defeated.

I have a friend who drives by Alchemist on his way home from work. I usually ask him to stop in during the week mid day and so far he's been able to score me 2 cases without anybody even flinching. So please pass that info on to your in-law.

Spend the $75 for the case. When people find out you have fresh Heady a lot of them will offer you $20 for a single can. Have that happen to me all the time. Local liquor store guys, etc.

They hold back on purpose, I tell you!

zc

Old 04-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
1fast636
Recipes 

Ok got another question what are some of alchemist other great brews? I'm an ipa and stout fan to help narrow it down. So I can have a list for her to pick up

Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 381 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast636 View Post
Ok got another question what are some of alchemist other great brews? I'm an ipa and stout fan to help narrow it down. So I can have a list for her to pick up
They only have one.

They have a gluten free beer contract brewed right now(celia)

The brew pub was destroyed by the floods while they were opening the cannery for HT. Theoretically they will make some of their other beers, but why would they want to produce anything else when they can produce one beer that cannot be kept in stock. Once they expand 3 or 4 more times, maybe they make some of their other beers. They just doubled HT production, BTW.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
1fast636
Recipes 

Oh learned something new today. Ok well then one last question but have a feeling I already know it if she was to go to the brewery can she get growlers of HT? Or is it can or nothing sorry for all the questions wish I was up there and wasn't sending someone to hunt down the mystical heady topper lol

Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Shuasha
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you follow them on facebook, they'll tell you when the beer is available. I think they can on Mondays and Thursday/Fridays. If you arrive on those days, you're good to go.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
mkravitz13
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i live in burlington (30 mins from the cannery in waterbury) and we get weekly shipment of heady topper to the liquor store around the corner from my place. the going rate here is $14 including tax for a 4 pack of cans. they go really really really fast (within an hour usually) so be sure to call ahead and know exactly when they are due to arrive.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #10
Remmy
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2609 Times on 1811 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Damnit. I am an IPA fanatic and still haven't had Heady Topper. Asked for it at my local spot and they said Connecticut can't get the beer.

Quick Reply