Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heading to Pittsburgh, Philly and Delaware, where could a guy get a drink?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
BesteBrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 8 Posts

Two stones pub right outside Newark DE. Great food and I think 25 craft beers on tap with countless bottles. Best part not a drop of BMC in the entire place. Was told they don't carry Guinness because it was to "mainstream". Seems kinda snobbish to me but you know they love beer over there. 10 percent off your entire bill with AHA card too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:09 AM   #22
IPAfreek
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I enjoy going to Washington Street Ale House in Wilmington, DE. It's not a brewpub, but they have a great selection of beers on tap and the food is awesome as well. I go everytime I go up there.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
gr8shandini
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts

You mentioned growler shops. Unfortunately, they're few and far between because of the crazy liqour laws in PA, so you pretty much have to go to a brewery / brewpub for that. East End Brewing in Pittsburgh is pretty decent ( http://www.eastendbrewing.com/ ) and does "growler hours" a couple of times a week. If you're looking for a bottle shop that has a good local selection, the Foodery in Philly is supposed to be pretty good.

I'm afraid I can't add much else that hasn't been said already. There are definitely far more options in Eastern PA. If you're willing to take a little side trip, Stoudt's is near Reading and makes some excellent brews ( http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/ ).

Quick Reply