New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Heading to Denver, what should I drink, where should I eat?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
TheH2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Heading to Denver, what should I drink, where should I eat?

Subject sort of says it all. I live in Virginia so I'd like to drink anything I can't get out here. The obvious is Fat Tire, which is pretty good, but what are some others that I can try of any style.

Also, I heard about a tap house with about 70 beers on tap, can't think of the name. Any other restaurants you recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

DON"T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!lol Sorry.

Are you driving? If so tell us your route.

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

The Falling Rock Taphouse is a must stop.

From the Fallng Rock, you are within a few blocks walking distance from several breweries. Great Divide, Wynkoop, Breckenridge, Flying Dog, The Sandlot at Coors Field and The Denver Chophouse and Brewery.

You are also in walking distance of The Pints Pub and The Cheeky Monk via the 16th St Mall and a short cab ride from The Bull and Bush out in the Cherry Creek area.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtopia
The Falling Rock Taphouse is a must stop.

From the Fallng Rock, you are within a few blocks walking distance from several breweries. Great Divide, Wynkoop, Breckenridge, Flying Dog, The Sandlot at Coors Field and The Denver Chophouse and Brewery.

You are also in walking distance of The Pints Pub and The Cheeky Monk via the 16th St Mall and a short cab ride from The Bull and Bush out in the Cherry Creek area.
Flying Dog is now closed.

But otherwise, I agree. Last December when I went up there (to hit flying dog one last time before closing) all of the places mentioned are within walking distance. Plus downtown is just a damn cool place.

Great Divide had some tasty brews and would highly recommend checking out their brewery.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
jjd
Recipes 

The Wynkoop is definitely a worthwhile destination. Try the Shepards Pie and some of their cask-conditioned IPA

Old 02-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #6
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally posted by riored4v
Flying Dog is now closed.
Thanks for the heads up.

I knew they were moving the brewery operations to Maryland but wasn't aware that it had happened already.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewtopia
Thanks for the heads up.

I knew they were moving the brewery operations to Maryland but wasn't aware that it had happened already.

Yup, happened mid-december i believe. I was there when they were doing some of their last tours. Made sure to pick up some Collaborator Dobblebock and some Barrel Aged Horn Dog.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
cubbies
Tastes like butterdirt

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I actually just got back from Denver. Falling Rock is a must go place. Very cool folks who know there beer. Tell them the style of beer you want to drink and they will bring you a beer that is one of the best of that style you have ever had. I had a wonderful time there. As others have mentioned, once you are at Falling Rock, you are in a very cool part of town, plenty of places to go get a drink or a bite.

Pints pub isn't exactly walking distance from there, I mean it is close, but I know I wouldn't walk it. Pints Pub is kind of meh for me anyway. I asked the same question you did, and it was recommended. If you have nothing better to do, it is not a bad place to go, it is kind of cool to be able to get cask conditioned beer. However IMO, their beer is sub par. There #1 beer, an ESB called Alchemy, was probably the best beer. It had good flavor, but it had about as much body as a Bug Light. Very average beer at best. But, the food is good, and the people I met were cool, so I had a good time regardless.

Dont miss out on Falling Rock though, you will regret it.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
foxtrot
Recipes 

I live in Denver and Pints Pub is sub-par indeed. If you have time, go to Boulder and visit either Mountain Sun or Southern Sun. They brew some of the best beers in the area.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"

Recipes 

I really like the Pints Pub. I also find it to be pretty easy to get there on foot. Catch the 16th St Mall Ride from LODO and take it to the other end of town. from there it's only a few blocks. I really like their IPA and their selection of Single Malt Scotch is hard to beat.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and for breakfast, head to Dozens. Directly across the street from Pints Pub

Naked City Construction Thread

Quick Reply