Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Has anyone read "Brewing Better Beer: Master Lessons for Advanced Homebrewers"?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
stbnj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy13 View Post
Thanks for all the info on this book. I ended up getting it, and though I didn't get a ton of new information, I definitely liked it. Everyone is right, it's more about philosophy rather than he tech side.

Has anyone ever ready this book by Ray Daniels: The Brewers Association Guide to starting your own brewery? http://www.amazon.com/Brewers-Associ...2073045&sr=8-1
I got it as a gift this Christmas. Its a collection of articles from BA trade magazine. Some interesting stuff and some stuff that only applies to commercial breweries, for example floor design, writing a business plan, etc. As someone who has day dreams about opening a nano brewery it was an interesting read. It does give you some insight into what it takes to make it in the industry.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
kman6234
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I really enjoyed brewing better beer. I've read through the book twice now and like Gordon's philosophy on brewing

On Deck: Jamil's Evil Twin
Primary: N/A
Conditioning:Bohemian Pilsner
On Tap:Win-Sane IPA #3, Double Minor Dubbel

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry
ziggy13 Likes This 
Old 03-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #23
Bradzukie
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

I just finished reading it. I plan on re reading it this next week to pick up on some things im sure I missed. Its a very good book with tons of helpful information.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #24
SecretBrew
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I just read this book and thought it was pretty good. Although it is not super technical ,l it is full of useful information and good insight into one home brewer's award winning processes. The book is very easy to read as well as entertaining. I don't consider myself very advanced for an all grain brewer and maybe that is why I got more out of it.

My DIY Stirplate

Quick Reply