Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Has anybody ever cured their hops?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
thebamaking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Has anybody ever cured their hops?

Given the similarities between hops and cannabis, i was wondering if anybody has ever cured their hops in a similar fashion and if it had similar impacts on the develepment of resin glands? Would it hurt the characteristics of the hops or help? Has anybody ever tried this? By curing i mean once completely dry putting them is a sealed container (jar, tupperware, etc.) and keeping them in a dark place airing the jar out once or twice a day to develop the taste of the resins). Thanks for any replies.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Schnitzengiggle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Great question, I asked a similar one a few months back, and didn't really get a clear cut answer. All that was explained is that drying hops is curing them. But I'm picking up what you are putting down!

Okham's Razor - simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

My DIY Kegerator - My DIY Fermentation Chamber - My DIY Portable Pump Box

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply