Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Happy to have finally brewed a batch!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
de_ronde
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Happy to have finally brewed a batch!

I have had a full year away from brewing due to crazy schedule / work / family and other issues.

I finally did a quick extract batch yesterday just to get something fermenting in the carboy.

It felt good to get ready for work this morning and hear the plop, plop, plop of the airlock in the kitchen.

This is a truly wonderful hobby, and I am happy to be back in the saddle.

Cheers!

Sean

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
completegeek
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Is it like riding a bike?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #3
de_ronde
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by completegeek View Post
Is it like riding a bike?
In some ways, but I was a bit rusty with a few things (Forgot to add Irish Moss being one example). I think the biggest change was trying do everything with a toddler "helping" me out. Several items had to be washed and sanitized more than once thanks to his "help."

But.. funny you should mention riding a bike... one of the things that kept me away from brewing was a particularly busy cycling season since the Spring...

More hours spent on the bike has meant fewer hours available for the hobby. I'm hoping to brew again before this one is bottled to replenish the pipeline.

Cheers!
Sean

Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

I've had a few gaps in my brewing. The hardest part is always re-collecting the equipment.

Quick Reply