*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Had a Brewing dream last night.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
madewithchicken
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Had a Brewing dream last night.

I was dreaming last night. I was back in my high school chemistry class and i was trying to brew with DME (which i have never used because LME is cheaper at my LHBS) and table sugar.

When someone put use coffee grounds in the pot i got very mad. But in the end i used it anyway.

in real life my chemistry teacher was the person who first told me about brewing your own beer.

anyone else have beer dreams?

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Loweface
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I dreamt I was out of CO2 one night.

Woke up with a start...

"Twas only a dream"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chortly View Post
...homebrew contains more satisfactrons per serving, so you don't have to drink as much as you would a commercial beer to get to your satisfactron saturation.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
blakey971
Recipes 

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/bad-beer-dream-106788/

Strange, I posted this last night!

Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Funny, I have had many many brewing dreams. I usually do a lot of dreaming the night before brewing.

Last night, though, I had a beer drinking dream. I was at a pub with my dog and I was drinking Smithwicks and the tap was a special pouring tap. Don't know kind it was, it was longer than normal ones. But I could literally taste the beer in my dream. Great dream!

On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Matt Up North
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All of my beer dreams turn out like a bad acid flashback from the movies where all of a sudden you are on the boat at Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory and Gene Wilder is screaming at you.

Seriously though, I just had a dream about a beer fest and there was a homebrew tent. I could taste the beer too. I woke up and told my girlfriend and she said that I need to drink less.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
dontman
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Up North View Post
All of my beer dreams turn out like a bad acid flashback from the movies where all of a sudden you are on the boat at Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory and Gene Wilder is screaming at you.

Seriously though, I just had a dream about a beer fest and there was a homebrew tent. I could taste the beer too. I woke up and told my girlfriend and she said that I need to drink less.
The lesson there, of course, don't tell your gf about your drinking dreams.
On Tap: 1. Kelly R. IPA, 2. Roter Hund Hefeweizen, 3. Bud Killer Blonde, 4. Red Dog Pale, 5. Roter Hund Oktoberfest, 6. Pumpkin Ale, 7. McRed's Stout (with new nitro system and stout tap,) Cream Soda, 8. ESB # 3, & 9. Ordinary Bitter.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2169 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1197

FYI when you consider using DME know that it takes less to make the same amount of wort. Still likely to be more expensive, but it stores longer and could be fresher depending on your LHBS. Also is noted to be lighter in color, which might be important for some styles.

I usually do not remember my dreams, and don't recall ever dreaming about homebrewing.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4787 Times on 4399 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Can't recall ever having a Brewing Dream nor a Beer dream in general but,

My wife had begun taking up sewing. She started by making these little pillows. For the stuffing she used these little foam cubes. Maybe a half inch by half inch. She never could get the hand sewn bit to hold the stitch very well at first but that did not stop her from adorning the bed with her crafty little pillows.

Fast forward thanksgiving and we were for the first time planning to have all of the family in the new house. My job was the turkey. The night before I dreamt of cooking the turkey and was abruptly, borderline violently woken by wife after having dreamt of stuffing the turkey. In reality, I was stuffing the cubes into her mouth.

True story. That could have gone bad real quick and ironically, we bought a cooked turkey the next year.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 PM   #9
Ysgard
Recipes 

I had a dry hopping dream last night. Mostly to do with the IPA I have in Secondary right now getting ready for our LHBC's IPA competition in April.

I woke up feeling like I swallowed an ounce of pellet Challenger

Old 03-04-2009, 07:00 PM   #10
madewithchicken
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
FYI when you consider using DME know that it takes less to make the same amount of wort. Still likely to be more expensive, but it stores longer and could be fresher depending on your LHBS. Also is noted to be lighter in color, which might be important for some styles.

I usually do not remember my dreams, and don't recall ever dreaming about homebrewing.
My LHBS is walking distance from my house so i buy it on brew day or the day before. And they do a fair bit of business so it should be pretty fresh. I know one week they went through a whole 55 gallon barrel of LME.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Quick Reply