Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Grownup baseball cards

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
WoolyBooger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Grownup baseball cards

Is it just me or is trading homebrews with a buddy like trading grownup baseball cards? I was just talking with a buddy from back home about my upcoming visit. We both homebrew and negotiated a trade. There is something about it that is so nostalgic... There is just something great about sharing something you made with your own two hands. It's even better when a good buddy reciprocates!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #2
sundaypapers
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If say it is similar. I recently met up with my brother and we swapped brews. Mine were, not being cocky or anything, substantially better than his, and I could tell that he had fermented higher and his priming sugar was off, but man, I really liked just sharing brews and dissecting the flavors. I think he was embarrassed about his beers, but I think my beers may have inspired him, so it was a good thing. It's funny how much you learn just in drinking beer.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 272 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 324

I don't know, I've never run down to the 7-11 on a Sunday morning with my allowance money to grab a couple of packs of brew.

I can't be arsed to keep up this list of what's in the fermenters, but hey, check out the cool brewery I own!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
robertfraser
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin
I don't know, I've never run down to the 7-11 on a Sunday morning with my allowance money to grab a couple of packs of brew.
i won't say I'm proud to say it, but I may have.....

Old 02-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
libeerty
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 42

There's definitely something to that analogy, but for me it's more of a collecting than a trading thing. I have plenty of beer in my fridge, in my kegs, but if I happen to pass by a nice beer store, I can't help but go in, and more often than not, I'm buying something I don't need.

20 years ago, I just *had* to try the new pack of Upper Deck cards to try to find the Gary Sheffield error rookie card, or had to get my allowance of 3.50 doubled so I could afford one of the singles in the hard plastic under the glass at the card store.

Tried to keep up with this signature, but just couldn't.

Quick Reply