Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > The Great Wait...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 01:12 AM   #1
SkaBoneBenny
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default The Great Wait...

Goddamned it, I hate waiting for beers to be ready! I brewed my "American F#ck Yeah!" Double IPA in early december and bottled January 15th. I promised myself I would wait until at LEAST March 3rd, for the Jewish Holiday of Purim to crack the first one, as it is a Bigger Beer and should be aged longer.

Well I opened one last night, you know, just to make sure there were no glaring errors or anything. It was just so good! It was my first time confidently using a grain heavy partial mash set-up that I currently use. It was so good, I just had to put another in the fridge today... you know.. to reward myself tonight at Midnight after a loooong day of Thesis writing... I'm just afraid I'm not going to be able to stop! I wish i could just bury them all underground and forget about them for a few months. I know they'll be so much better then.

Argggg... Anyone else suffering ffrom this problem right now?? Anyone else currently waiting on a beer they are very excited about? It's killing me...

And here I am once again failing to exibit any self control, writing posts on HBT instead of working on my thesis.... goddamned...

-Ben

Thinking About: Strawberries and Cream Ale

Primary Fermenter: Nuthin...

Secondary Fermenter:"C-4 IPA!", American Wheat

Conditioning: 4 C's IPA

Drinkin': 4 C's American Pale Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 128 Posts

No, my problem is trying to get a keg to blow, so I can put something else in the kegger & then brew a batch. Serious backlog here.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
TCHDNSD
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Oh I feel your pain bradda. I'm waiting three more days to bottle my ESB, four after that I'm bottling my Mirror Pond clone, and as soon as I bottle my ESB I'm brewing another batch of ESB to dump on that yeast plus a fresh pitch. Two weeks from Wed. that I can taste the fruits of my patience. I'm all on your side.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHDNSD
Oh I feel your pain bradda. I'm waiting three more days to bottle my ESB, four after that I'm bottling my Mirror Pond clone, and as soon as I bottle my ESB I'm brewing another batch of ESB to dump on that yeast plus a fresh pitch. Two weeks from Wed. that I can taste the fruits of my patience. I'm all on your side.
Mmmm Mirror Pond clone...my house ale.

Actually I just kegged a dortmunder that I'm itching to taste again as the hydro sample wasn't enough. One of my club fellow members is visiting
here while working this week so we are getting together again for some sampling and the dortmunder will be included. I have a couple of bottles done up for the tasting as bringing kegs is out of the question.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 02-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #5
Whelk
Recipes 

Got a bitter that I just need to carbonate, and I'm about to wash some yeast from a Scotch ale, with a honey brown ale coming in the mail in the next few days. I can't wait for that damn bitter, it looks fantastic!

Nothing until I figure out if I can make it happen over in the UK.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Robot

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's even worse now that I keg. I will hook up the keg if I have an open tap, so I can sample while it's conditioning, ya know? It usually blows right about when it hits its prime. For this reason, I've started doing 10 gallon batches.

Quick Reply