The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Got some beer today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Matt Up North
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Got some beer today

Nothing much. I figured that I should always try something a second time so I picked up a DFH 90 minute, against my better judgement.

Then I grabbed a Fire Walker DBA because I felt the need to try it for the first time sober. I passed up the Russian River Concecration only because it was $20. That hurts my wallet a bit much . I can grab many things for that price and RR is just down the road, so I could always go there and get a pint for $5. Maybe I will grab one though and age it for a few years...who knows. I will talk with Vinnie maybe this week at an event (I don't know the guy, other guys do on this board though) and see what he thinks the aging possibility is.

Anyways, that is my small purchase of beers today.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
carnevoodoo
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I recently had a glass of the Toronado 20th which is a reasonably similar beer, and I don't think it did well with age at all. I would suspect, however, that Vinnie will tell you this should age well. I know of people holding on to their bottles, but I will be drinking mine.

I paid 25 for my bottle. If I could get 20 dollar bottles, I would probably buy 4 or 5. It is one of the best sours ever.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #3
Matt Up North
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I will see about getting a case of it. I definately love it. Have it about once every couple of months (though when it is out at the pub I cry a small river). They are just coming out with some brett fermented beers in a series. Awesome from what I tried so far.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 PM   #4
jasonh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

mmm....Consecration...I'm just glad i've managed to have it on three different occasions all the way in Philly! Quite possibly my favorite beer ever.

Quick Reply