Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Got a new carboy from the MIL

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Schlenkerla
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Got a new carboy from the MIL

My MIL goes to garage sales and picks up all kinds of junk. Just to fill her own garage. About 3 weeks ago in her garage I spotted a really old 5 gallon carboy in a pouring cradle and it also has a screw on cap. I asked what she was planning on doing with this the bottle.

She goes, "Oh Nothing". I ask if I can have it but she wants to know what I'll do with it first. I tell her its for beer making. She's like OK. Then goes on warning it me that it might be dangerous. Saying "Who knows whats been in the thing. "

I'm like yah, OK.... So last week, while visiting, I told her its all cleaned out and sanitized and is currently filled with bleach water.

She goes I still don't think you need that.... "Once you open the darn thing don't you have to drink all of it?" I'm like what? I was busting up about this. I explained the reason for it to her then she's like OK.

Kind a funny.... This would be a whole new meaning to the saying, "Honey I'm only gonna have one!!

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #2
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Lol that's funny. I kind of like seeing people's reactions to different things. You should have said "Well, mom we need something to get our love fests rolling!"

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
cweston

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts

What gets me is, why on earth would anyone buy a carboy if they don't know what it is and what it's for?

Primary: none
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning: Robust Porter
Drinking: Saison Dupont clone, tripel
Coming soon: Columbus APA, Rich Red ale

Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I think she wanted to put pennies in the thing. Also think she has packrat problem going on and can never pass up a good deal. Its a good deal for me!!

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Quick Reply