Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Goose Island and AB
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #121
aModestMouse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 53
Default

all about the munnies

__________________
aModestMouse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #122
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Brewkowski's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 1,371
Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Not sure if this fits in to the conversation but what about a brewery like Anchor Brewing. Maybe not a craft beer, but they are a good solid beer maker in my opinion compared to BMC, maybe not constantly changing their line up but a good option. They've got a pretty good sized distribution network, I can find them in many places (athough normally just Steam or Liberty Ale) in Chicago suburbs. I'm not familiar enough with their history to know if they've gone through similar situations as GI or Leine's.

__________________
Brewkowski is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #123
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
olllllo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 13,514
Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

By what definition is Anchor not craft beer?

__________________
Rabbit And Coyote Schwag
Rob - Phoenix Ambassador to Milwaukee
Where did your avatar go?
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
olllllo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #124
beesy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 791
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophead75 View Post
Not sure if this fits in to the conversation but what about a brewery like Anchor Brewing. Maybe not a craft beer, but they are a good solid beer maker in my opinion compared to BMC, maybe not constantly changing their line up but a good option. They've got a pretty good sized distribution network, I can find them in many places (athough normally just Steam or Liberty Ale) in Chicago suburbs. I'm not familiar enough with their history to know if they've gone through similar situations as GI or Leine's.
Exactly what they want - they'll place goose in every AB venue, restaurant and store just for an option. Goose is solid, but not much I seek out. If it's between bud light and honkers, I'm going for the honkers. Between honkers and levitation ale, I'm going with levitation. Problem is, AB will be putting the pressure on everyone to do away with levitation. You'll see less variety in places AB can put their financial advantage on- not good for craft beer as a whole. Mark my words, you'll see less local craft beer at every venue, concert hall, stadium, etc because of this.
__________________
beesy is offline
Joe Dragon Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #125
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,026
Liked 101 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophead75 View Post
Not sure if this fits in to the conversation but what about a brewery like Anchor Brewing. Maybe not a craft beer, but they are a good solid beer maker in my opinion compared to BMC, maybe not constantly changing their line up but a good option. They've got a pretty good sized distribution network, I can find them in many places (athough normally just Steam or Liberty Ale) in Chicago suburbs. I'm not familiar enough with their history to know if they've gone through similar situations as GI or Leine's.
I still remember the days when i could buy an unpasteurized Sam Adams.... I guess it's evolution for the better.
__________________
TheDudeLebowski is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #126
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy View Post
Mark my words, you'll see less local craft beer at every venue, concert hall, stadium, etc because of this.
Do you see ANY local craft beer at standiums or concert halls anyway as it is? Most places it's ONLY bud or bmc? If there's some goose island there along with bud light, I personally would be happy.

I will say at Comerica Park in Detroit there is one stand that carries Atwater Brewing Company beers....but just about every beer tent, concert venue, stadium in metro detroit is ONLY bmc and usually bud. So anything is better, even if it's owned by them....
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #127
Pilgarlic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida
Posts: 1,314
Liked 131 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Cigar City Brewing's beers are on tap at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg for the Rays' games.

__________________
Pilgarlic is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #128
beesy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 791
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Do you see ANY local craft beer at standiums or concert halls anyway as it is? Most places it's ONLY bud or bmc? If there's some goose island there along with bud light, I personally would be happy.

I will say at Comerica Park in Detroit there is one stand that carries Atwater Brewing Company beers....but just about every beer tent, concert venue, stadium in metro detroit is ONLY bmc and usually bud. So anything is better, even if it's owned by them....
Yes I do Rev. Local Beers available at minor league stadium ( we don't have majors) and local music venues ( CBC available at LC and Newport). I also know two bros is available at Wrigley and loose canon and flying dog available at Camden.
__________________
beesy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #129
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: "Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,804
Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy View Post
Yes I do Rev. Local Beers available at minor league stadium ( we don't have majors) and local music venues ( CBC available at LC and Newport). I also know two bros is available at Wrigley and loose canon and flying dog available at Camden.
You're lucky then.....So let us know in a year if it changes....Frankly I don't think it will because of this deal between Goose Island and AHB....
__________________

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Revvy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #130
beesy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 791
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You're lucky then.....So let us know in a year if it changes....Frankly I don't think it will because of this deal between Goose Island and AHB....
I would be salty if I were u if I couldn't find local beers at these places. You Michigan boys got it good up there. Founders, Bells, shorts, new holland, dark horse, arcadia......
__________________
beesy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
goose island matilda clone Gear101 General Beer Discussion 24 08-13-2013 01:49 AM
goose island IPA jonp9576 General Beer Discussion 1 01-10-2010 01:53 AM
Goose Island is closing! Jim Karr General Beer Discussion 27 11-13-2008 08:19 PM
Goose Island funkydrummer88 General Beer Discussion 12 09-06-2008 04:06 PM
Goose Island IPA Robbw General Beer Discussion 7 03-16-2007 08:23 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS