Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Goose Island and AB

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #121
aModestMouse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

all about the munnies

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:09 AM   #122
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Not sure if this fits in to the conversation but what about a brewery like Anchor Brewing. Maybe not a craft beer, but they are a good solid beer maker in my opinion compared to BMC, maybe not constantly changing their line up but a good option. They've got a pretty good sized distribution network, I can find them in many places (athough normally just Steam or Liberty Ale) in Chicago suburbs. I'm not familiar enough with their history to know if they've gone through similar situations as GI or Leine's.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #123
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

By what definition is Anchor not craft beer?

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #124
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophead75 View Post
Not sure if this fits in to the conversation but what about a brewery like Anchor Brewing. Maybe not a craft beer, but they are a good solid beer maker in my opinion compared to BMC, maybe not constantly changing their line up but a good option. They've got a pretty good sized distribution network, I can find them in many places (athough normally just Steam or Liberty Ale) in Chicago suburbs. I'm not familiar enough with their history to know if they've gone through similar situations as GI or Leine's.
Exactly what they want - they'll place goose in every AB venue, restaurant and store just for an option. Goose is solid, but not much I seek out. If it's between bud light and honkers, I'm going for the honkers. Between honkers and levitation ale, I'm going with levitation. Problem is, AB will be putting the pressure on everyone to do away with levitation. You'll see less variety in places AB can put their financial advantage on- not good for craft beer as a whole. Mark my words, you'll see less local craft beer at every venue, concert hall, stadium, etc because of this.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #125
TheDudeLebowski
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hophead75 View Post
I still remember the days when i could buy an unpasteurized Sam Adams.... I guess it's evolution for the better.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #126
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy View Post
Mark my words, you'll see less local craft beer at every venue, concert hall, stadium, etc because of this.
Do you see ANY local craft beer at standiums or concert halls anyway as it is? Most places it's ONLY bud or bmc? If there's some goose island there along with bud light, I personally would be happy.

I will say at Comerica Park in Detroit there is one stand that carries Atwater Brewing Company beers....but just about every beer tent, concert venue, stadium in metro detroit is ONLY bmc and usually bud. So anything is better, even if it's owned by them....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #127
Pilgarlic
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Cigar City Brewing's beers are on tap at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg for the Rays' games.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #128
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Do you see ANY local craft beer at standiums or concert halls anyway as it is? Most places it's ONLY bud or bmc? If there's some goose island there along with bud light, I personally would be happy.

I will say at Comerica Park in Detroit there is one stand that carries Atwater Brewing Company beers....but just about every beer tent, concert venue, stadium in metro detroit is ONLY bmc and usually bud. So anything is better, even if it's owned by them....
Yes I do Rev. Local Beers available at minor league stadium ( we don't have majors) and local music venues ( CBC available at LC and Newport). I also know two bros is available at Wrigley and loose canon and flying dog available at Camden.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:42 AM   #129
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy View Post
Yes I do Rev. Local Beers available at minor league stadium ( we don't have majors) and local music venues ( CBC available at LC and Newport). I also know two bros is available at Wrigley and loose canon and flying dog available at Camden.
You're lucky then.....So let us know in a year if it changes....Frankly I don't think it will because of this deal between Goose Island and AHB....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #130
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You're lucky then.....So let us know in a year if it changes....Frankly I don't think it will because of this deal between Goose Island and AHB....
I would be salty if I were u if I couldn't find local beers at these places. You Michigan boys got it good up there. Founders, Bells, shorts, new holland, dark horse, arcadia......

Quick Reply