Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Good Bottling Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Default Good Bottling Beer

My kegs are ay maximum capacity and I have a good pipeline going. So I'd like to bottle my next beer and just let it sit incase I run out mid summer. Does anyone have a good recommendation for one that would get better with age and good for the summer. Maybe an Irish Red.

I have Cream Ale, Orange and coriander wheat beer, and moose drool on tap now and Chinook IPA being brewed this week.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
turkeyjerky214
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I always like to let my amber ale age a couple months before diving in. Of course, since you're bottling, a nice belgian dubbel would be appropriate.

-Brian

Tap 1: Flanders Brown Tap 2: Pumpkin Ale Tap 3: Rye IPA Tap 4: Wee Heavy Tap 5: Apfelwein

Fermenting: Amber Ale
Kegged: Barrel-Aged Barleywine, Barleywine, RIS,

Lagering: Märzen

Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1192

My irish red did well and is currently still good about a year later now. As well as most of my other ones still sitting.Being the time to brew irish beer before march you may find you run out of those quckly.
Depends what you want like session beers ?-make some4- 5%ers, maybe a Saison if you like those or i think amber or a imperial-double rye or red? Get some oxy caps thats what i do with half of mine bottled because they usually sit all year and i just rotate and drink them time to time with the pipeline. The ones with the oxycaps are those that sit over 6 months usually.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 363 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Maybe a Belgian Tripel or a Saison. Both are beers that can age out nicely. You can amke a lower gravity Saison and it would be a nice refreshing summer brew.

Quick Reply