Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Going pro question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Iceman6409
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Going pro question

Hello all. I am not sure this is the right form for this so please forgive me if it is. I may be stumbling into an opportunity to open a small brew pub in New York state near Buffalo. I know I have seen a handful of people on here that have gone through this process of taking this wonderful hobby to the pro level. I cannot find those discussions here. I am simply wondering if I could have anyone that has gone through this process to contact me here to start with as I/we obviously have questions before we dive into this and would love to exchange some thoughts and ideas and get a realistic preview of what we can expect. Of course I realize that every experience is unique but I am more interested in the commonalities of it all. Where to start, who to talk to, who to buy from, what to buy etc. I am completely open to any and all who would be willing to share their dream and experience. Thank you all in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Check out probrewer.com it'll help you a lot

Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
Iceman6409
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yup I have seen and am currently reading up on Probrewer.com. Great stuff so far. Still would like a personal conversation(s) as well. Great site though for sure.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
opiate82
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 20

There are a couple of active threads which detail the process people are going through trying to go pro:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/mudd...thread-444132/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/one-...rewing-417326/

Also, I came across some threads about going pro when searching for information about various size brew-houses (e.g. search the term "3 bbl") but few are still active. But as others have said, if you really want discussion with those in the industry probrewer.com is a great place to start. Also the Brewers Association has a publication called "The New Brewer" which is a good resource.

Another option is to hit some local breweries in your area. Most local craft brewers are very cooperative and would be happy to spend a little time discussing it with you (assuming they aren't busy brewing their asses off).

Quick Reply