Going pro question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Hello all. I am not sure this is the right form for this so please forgive me if it is. I may be stumbling into an opportunity to open a small brew pub in New York state near Buffalo. I know I have seen a handful of people on here that have gone through this process of taking this wonderful hobby to the pro level. I cannot find those discussions here. I am simply wondering if I could have anyone that has gone through this process to contact me here to start with as I/we obviously have questions before we dive into this and would love to exchange some thoughts and ideas and get a realistic preview of what we can expect. Of course I realize that every experience is unique but I am more interested in the commonalities of it all. Where to start, who to talk to, who to buy from, what to buy etc. I am completely open to any and all who would be willing to share their dream and experience. Thank you all in advance.

Yup I have seen and am currently reading up on Probrewer.com. Great stuff so far. Still would like a personal conversation(s) as well. Great site though for sure.

There are a couple of active threads which detail the process people are going through trying to go pro:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/muddy-creek-brewing-co-brewery-build-start-finish-thread-444132/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/one-more-guy-going-pro-man-skirt-brewing-417326/

Also, I came across some threads about going pro when searching for information about various size brew-houses (e.g. search the term "3 bbl") but few are still active. But as others have said, if you really want discussion with those in the industry probrewer.com is a great place to start. Also the Brewers Association has a publication called "The New Brewer" which is a good resource.

Another option is to hit some local breweries in your area. Most local craft brewers are very cooperative and would be happy to spend a little time discussing it with you (assuming they aren't busy brewing their asses off).

Back