The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > God Help me.... My wife hates beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 2698 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Keep it all for yourself

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
Corkster
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Maybe your wife really doesn't like beer. My wife hates it. She doesn't drink it which leaves more for me.
Hehe... I need to keep my wife involved to a certain degree or she will invariably begin to scorn the entire hobby, thus removing any joy that may have otherwise been involved.....

So far she has been very supportive of the hobby of brewing.. and a bit concerned about the drinking the fruits of my labors part..... (my gracious 2 beers in one day! you are turning into a drunk)

not that this will stop me of course!!! I submit too often... this time I will win!

yeah!............................................. .. coming dear.......

sorry guys...gotta go....

Give a man a beer and he'll drink for a minute. Teach a man to brew beer and you've created a monster.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #13
MgMt_Home_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Has she ever tried a Belgian beer like Wittekerk or Hoegarden? My girlfriend really enjoys those and there are plenty of Hoegarden clones out there. Unfortunatly no wittekerke clones...

Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
Corkster
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMt_Home_Brew View Post
Has she ever tried a Belgian beer like Wittekerk or Hoegarden? My girlfriend really enjoys those and there are plenty of Hoegarden clones out there. Unfortunatly no wittekerke clones...
I don't think she has tried a lot of different styles... she has had plenty BMC's and decided she doesn't like beers.... (she doesn't like Boston Lager or ESB either.. I had her try those) so she doesn't bother to experiment with different beers.... And to be honest, my own beer experience is fairly limited so I don't know what to recommend to her..... thus the "take pity on my poor ignorant soul" thread that I've started here!

Give a man a beer and he'll drink for a minute. Teach a man to brew beer and you've created a monster.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
MgMt_Home_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im telling you my girlfreind drank bud light and didn't like any other beers. But I started bringing her to beer fests which really helped her figure out what she liked. She really enjoyed a Belgian beer fest because of the hoegarden and wittekerke but also the rasberry framboise that were there. But the two Belgian beers that I mentioned are lighter and crisp with little to no bitterness.

Go to a place that has a good beer selection and pick some up. Or find a beer fest because I am sure you both would learn a lot from one of those... just try to remember it all

Old 03-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
Corkster
Recipes 

Sounds like a plan MgMt! I've been leaning towards belgians for awhile now and have been anxious to make one.... I'll have to stop at the beer shoppe on the way to work tonight and find a nice one for her to try!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
SumnerH
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Buy her a Lindemans Framboise. There, now she knows there's a "beer" she likes.

Next get her a Belgian wit or hefeweizen with a lemon.

On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

Old 03-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Corkster
Recipes 

Lindemans Framboise eh? I'll have to keep an eye out for that.... as a note of curiosity... why that one before the wit? just curious.....

Old 03-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #19
MgMt_Home_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well the Framboise is to me a desert beer. It's pretty sweet and fruity but yet it's still a beer. So maybe that will open her eyes to the entire spectrum of beers. I hear you can make some pretty good syrup for waffles with it too

Old 03-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #20
Corkster
Recipes 

Waffle syrup eh?....... lol... gonna have to try some of that for sure!

Quick Reply