Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > global trends in beer consumption

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
kiwibrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default global trends in beer consumption

I am not endorsing a financial product here, but thought some of you might find some of the information interesting

https://www.oppenheimerfunds.com/dig...8616d619ba.pdf

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 887 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

If that's true, that mega brewers are using local ingredients and brewing locally in emerging markets, I think that's great. The article didn't mention, though, if the mega brewers are displacing local small breweries, which I suspect they are.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
stanzela
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That's a really interesting little document, thanks for the post, kiwi.

And yes, I'd have to agree with Pappers - as much as I love to rag on the big brewers, the use of locally sourced ingredients is, at the very least, kinda neat (sorghum beer!?). I wish I could believe that it wasn't simply about 'bottom-line' economics (which, of course, it is), but I think that a growing global beer consumption has to be a good thing. In reality, it's only the big guys who can afford to get things like that established, so perhaps once they've done a bit more of the dirty work, and converted enough people to beer, then the grassroots (homebrewing, micro brewing) stuff will have a chance to blossom. From the manures of big-industry, the flowers of independent creation!

Quick Reply