New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Glass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
DeepWoodBrew
Vendor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I am glad to hear you are ok...Man That is scary.

I have been brewing for several years..and had several close calls. I kept telling myself. I have to develop something that will be much safer for us home brewers. Please take a look at our site. I have developed a good alternative to using glass carboys. http://www.dwbrewproducts.com

I am glad to hear, you retired the glass carboys...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
rabassa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWoodBrew
I am glad to hear you are ok...Man That is scary.

I have been brewing for several years..and had several close calls. I kept telling myself. I have to develop something that will be much safer for us home brewers. Please take a look at our site. I have developed a good alternative to using glass carboys. http://www.dwbrewproducts.com

I am glad to hear, you retired the glass carboys...
That's the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Is this new? I've never heard of it.
Got ant testimonials?

Rich

Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
wolverinebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Wow, a scary story!
I'm always careful when dealing with one of my two glass carboys. Since they are only 5's, I only use them for apfelwein and they are always in a brew hauler or milk crate. You can't be too safe.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
funkadelicturkey
Recipes 

Liked 71 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2102

Rich sorry to hear about your accident, sounds scary and hope you have a fast recovery.

I've read a couple of threads on racking to corny kegs for secondary. Sounds like an economical alternative to glass. Used kegs can be found for ~$35-40, near the price of a 5 gallon glass carboy.

Pros:
When racking to a keg, you can purge the head space, decreasing chance oxidation.
Gas can be used to push the beer from keg to keg or to a bottling bucket.
If you trim the dip tip tube you can decrease the transfer yeast sediment.

Cons:
If you're not already set up for kegging, CO2 and regulators can be a little expensive.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #15
DeepWoodBrew
Vendor
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabassa View Post
That's the coolest thing I've seen in a while. Is this new? I've never heard of it.
Got ant testimonials?

Rich

Yes, I have been working with a manufacture for quite some time..to develop my line of Stainless Steel Carboy Style fermenters. That we call the "Cavern". I wanted to design something that was easy to carry, easy to clean, and most off all shatter proof..WE have just opened our business so we do not have any testimonials yet..However, we here at Deep Wood Brew Products have been using them for quite some time..and find them to be a home brewers dream come true.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
aubiecat

Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Rich, glad to see you are OK.
This and many stories like it are why I switched to BB's. With me it would have been a matter of when and if it would happen to me. The plastic bottles are so much lighter too. Easier in and out of the fermentation chest.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
bizarrojosh
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Glad you didn't die! I'm seriously considering using plastic buckets for all my fermentation needs.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
rabassa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadelicturkey
Rich sorry to hear about your accident, sounds scary and hope you have a fast recovery.

I've read a couple of threads on racking to corny kegs for secondary. Sounds like an economical alternative to glass. Used kegs can be found for ~$35-40, near the price of a 5 gallon glass carboy.

Pros:
When racking to a keg, you can purge the head space, decreasing chance oxidation.
Gas can be used to push the beer from keg to keg or to a bottling bucket.
If you trim the dip tip tube you can decrease the transfer yeast sediment.

Cons:
If you're not already set up for kegging, CO2 and regulators can be a little expensive.
Thanks funk,

So how do you attach an airlock or blowoff tube?
Rich

Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
rabassa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepWoodBrew

Yes, I have been working with a manufacture for quite some time..to develop my line of Stainless Steel Carboy Style fermenters. That we call the "Cavern". I wanted to design something that was easy to carry, easy to clean, and most off all shatter proof..WE have just opened our business so we do not have any testimonials yet..However, we here at Deep Wood Brew Products have been using them for quite some time..and find them to be a home brewers dream come true.
I've already order my 5 gal better bottles but will need new primary vessels. Still a bit pricey but very tempting and much cheaper that other similar solutions.

Rich

Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
rabassa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubiecat
Rich, glad to see you are OK.
This and many stories like it are why I switched to BB's. With me it would have been a matter of when and if it would happen to me. The plastic bottles are so much lighter too. Easier in and out of the fermentation chest.
Thanks aubiecat,

Any clue how many batches a BB will last? Before getting too funkified?
Rich

Quick Reply