Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Give Props to your Favorite Micro Brewery..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #51
UTbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

512 Brewing Co. here in Austin, TX
http://512brewing.com/index2.php
-Fantastic beers overall but their Wit is spectacular

"And if you're drinkin well you know that you're my friend and I'll say, I think I'll have myself a beer." - Reel Big Fish

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #52
mc_eric
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Founder's and Bell's are good, but I'm a HUGE fan of Short's in Bel Aire, MI. Ive only had the stuff you can get in bottles in the grocery store, all of which are good, but the Huma Lupa Licious IPA is killer. I'm sure they have some really kick-a$$ stuff at the brewery tho, their line-up looks pretty awesome. Too bad bel aire is so far away.

http://www.shortsbrewing.com/

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #53
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVagabond View Post
I had my last dinner in the bay area with my gf there before we moved to LA. I was mildly pissed they didn't have the Alimony, but I was appeased when they laid down a plate of their jalapeño poppers. Damn, those things are delicious.

I do love their poppers!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #54
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee. good IPA, great dark Vienna-style german lager "Riverwest Stein". also a gluten-free beer.

there's also a good brewpub, Milwaukee Ale house. can also find them in stores, but not everything they make. also serve real pints (16 oz), and happy hour is $2.50

Sprecher too, i'm not sure how far-reaching they get with their beers. Used to live about 1/2 mile away from the brewery....should have taken more advantage of that opportunity. They make some neat stuff every once in awhile, especially their African beers they made a few years ago...

Quick Reply