Getting back on the horse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milesvdustin

Reaction score
Hey all. It has been a while since I brewed any beer. 7 months almost to be exact. I have had issues with off flavors that I couldn't shake. I actually have two beers in primary that have been there for 7 months, and a spiced apfelwein that came out real nice. I kegged one of the beers the other day, and it still has that same off sweetness and off scent. Well the only two things in my process that I can change are using filtered water instead of tap, and to control fermentation temp much more closely. So I set up a round plastic tub with water and frozen water bottles, and I am going to use filtered water in the batch I am about to brew. I guess this post is kind of a "Hey guys I'm back!" type of deal. :rockin:

Also, who has a recipe for sam adams winter lager? That stuff is awesome in my book, and the wife likes it too. I can use my kegerator for a lagering chamber.

Oh, and who is good at judging beer that I could send a few bottles to and get feedback on what the flavor could be? Win-win, you get free beer, I get feedback!

Saw no one posted! Glad to be back in the sadlle again, heh?

As for the beer, I'd enter it into some competition to see if the flavor can be diagnosed. What temps were you fermenting your beers at before starting temp control?

I havent brewed in a little over 3 months. I have an IPA and a milk chocolate stout that has been setting in the fermentation chamber for that long. I need to bottle it and get back to brewing myself. I still have enough grain, yeast and hops to make 20-30 gallons of beer. Im slackin.

Back