The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #981
newb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18124167 here is a funny thing I just read in the news

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #982
SudsyPaul
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18124167 here is a funny thing I just read in the news
omg... this is GOLD!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #983
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 818 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
“At no time in my life, prior to me becoming an alcoholic, was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive.”

yeah, I call BS

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: DB8PT Session Ale, Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #984
bergen69
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
I'm gonna sue my parents...it's their fault...if they wouldn't have been fooling around I wouldn't have all these problems!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #985
logan3825
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
I am not sure how this is funny. Stupid people like this is why we have dry counties and such restrictive liquor laws. Stupid frivolous lawsuits.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #986
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd

“At no time in my life, prior to me becoming an alcoholic, was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive.”

yeah, I call BS
Yeah you gotta love the litigious society we live in. Ignoring personal responsibility whilst on the hunt for the deepest pocket seems to be the new American Dream. I remember a story a while back where a lady was suing Jack Daniels because her baby was born with birth defects and nobody told her that drinking a fifth of whiskey a day while pregnant was a bad thing.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #987
Coupleathree
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I was at my girlfriends house for the holidays and somebody offered her grandfather a Leinenkugels. He responded by saying, "If I drink one of those, I will probably start talking like those people." We explained it was brewed right here in Wisconsin and he proceeded to drink one exclaiming, "This is pretty good." I was dying inside with laughter.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #988
newb
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan3825

I am not sure how this is funny. Stupid people like this is why we have dry counties and such restrictive liquor laws. Stupid frivolous lawsuits.
Sorry I have to disagree with you, super human levels of stupidity is a great source of comedy. Once I realized, if you let human stupidity make you frustrated and mad all the time you will be miserable, I was a lot better off. Trust me, I spent several years of my life furious about how stupid people are, one day I just laughed at somebody in line at a fast food place. She was dumb and rude and it hit me why get mad and let her bring me down with her. She walked up from behind me when I had been in line, and insisted she was next? I didn't argue or anything, probably a first for me. Instead, I just laughed right in this woman's face, I promise it felt better then trying to argue back or reason with her. Some people just aren't capable, and we can't control or fix them.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #989
drainbamage
It'll getcha drunk!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 367 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrogNerd View Post

yeah, I call BS
No doubt they remembered the "hey, I didn't know my hot coffee would burn me" lawsuit against McDonald's and figured they couldn't lose.

Expect to see a "CAUTION: Contents may exacerbate existing brain damage" (no pun intended regarding my username) warning on your next bottle of store-bought beer... *facepalm*

Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #990
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1826 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

I can just see the beer's warning label; Warning! This beverage may increase your stupidity factor...
Billy-Klubb Likes This 

Quick Reply