The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #961
Mojzis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araknaphob1c
A little off topic, it isn't so funny as much as frustrating. I was at a place in Austin called Red's Porch and I was trying to ask what seasonals they had on tap then the waiter cut me off mid sentence and asked "Light, Dark, or hoppy?" I was a bit frustrated by this because he completely ignored my question and treated me as though I had no idea what I was looking for.
I went to a nice restaurant a little while ago and was drinking a Great Lakes nosferatu at the bar waiting for the others in our party. So we get to the table and I ask to waiter for an ipa this time. Well he cuts me off saying "that's too dark to be an ipa, that's more like a stout" ......uhhhh no but okay. And i didn't ask what i was drinking, i asked what ipa's were on tap. And he keeps going on about it until I have to interrupt him and ask for a 60 minute.

I'm the only one who noticed the false information and annoyingly interruptive waiter so I just let it go.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #962
itzkramer
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was at Market Garden Brewery in Cleveland with my girlfriend and her mom. Mom asks the waitress "What do you have that's similar to Leinenkugle Summer Shandy?" The waitress politely recommended their lightest lager or their wheat beer. No big deal.

I ordered a Stone 12.12.12. I offered her a sip and she says, "oh, its just like Guinness!"

Eh, what can ya do? I let it slide.

BEER:30 Brewing
Cleveland, OH

Old 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #963
cluckk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 345 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araknaphob1c
A little off topic, it isn't so funny as much as frustrating. I was at a place in Austin called Red's Porch and I was trying to ask what seasonals they had on tap then the waiter cut me off mid sentence and asked "Light, Dark, or hoppy?" I was a bit frustrated by this because he completely ignored my question and treated me as though I had no idea what I was looking for.
So is hoppy a color?

"So you say you just brewed your first batch of beer. Welcome to the obsession." --me, to every first time brewer I ever meet.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #964
drainbamage
It'll getcha drunk!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 367 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 709

Did anyone else read the Cracked article "5 Alcohol Ads That Confirm Your Worst Fears About Drinking"?

There was a guy in the comments section who posted (and this is verbatim):

"You've gotta remember that when you buy commercial or corporate alcohol you're most likely paying taxes. Taxes, of course go toward imprisoning nonviolent people for victimless crimes and waging wars of aggression against brown people in faraway lands. Budweiser and Jack Daniels build our fascist police state. That's why I homebrew."

Now, in no way am I trying to turn this thread into a political debate, but I've never heard anybody cite that as their primary excuse for getting into homebrewing.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #965
newb
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Taxes also go to schools, where that guy should have stayed to finish his education.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #966
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2024 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 4029

Quote:
Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
Did anyone else read the Cracked article "5 Alcohol Ads That Confirm Your Worst Fears About Drinking"?

There was a guy in the comments section who posted (and this is verbatim):

"You've gotta remember that when you buy commercial or corporate alcohol you're most likely paying taxes. Taxes, of course go toward imprisoning nonviolent people for victimless crimes and waging wars of aggression against brown people in faraway lands. Budweiser and Jack Daniels build our fascist police state. That's why I homebrew."

Now, in no way am I trying to turn this thread into a political debate, but I've never heard anybody cite that as their primary excuse for getting into homebrewing.
*clears throat, takes a sip of coffee, clears throat again* huhuh *clears throat again, harmonizes* Bwahahahahahaha!!!

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 01-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #967
Jsaga
Recipes 

I was once at a bar and a friend ordered a Rolling Rock. When he asked why it cost more than another friends Bud he was told "Rolling Rock is an import. It comes in a green bottle."

Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #968
newb
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsaga
I was once at a bar and a friend ordered a Rolling Rock. When he asked why it cost more than another friends Bud he was told "Rolling Rock is an import. It comes in a green bottle."
Ah yes the international green bottle law, it's so we can tell the difference, to encourage us to buy American to pay taxes to the right place to fund the police state so we can wage wars of aggression. The green bottle law is oppressive in nature to immigrating beer and should be repealed! I have a dream that ALL bottles are created equal.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #969
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1826 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

They're green because they're what used to be called "greenhorns". It was derogatory slang for a "DP" or person from another country. They sure can chop up & throw the mortadella around,can't they?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #970
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2024 Times on 1339 Posts
Likes Given: 4029

what's funny is I have heard comments before about BMC/Jack Daniels/Marlboro being "Nazi corporations" because WP folks use their products. I even knew a guy that claimed that Lynard Skynard were nazi's because of the Neil Young comment in Sweet Home Alabama. I asked how he figured. he replied, "Because Neil Young is Jewish and that's why they hate him." and it couldn't have been the song "Southern Man" that ticked them off a little? and that is why I home brew.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Quick Reply