Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #901
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,328
Liked 476 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Default

I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. And he clearly wasn't joking either.

__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Pumpkin Pie Cider
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #902
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
b-boy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GETZVILLE, NY
Posts: 2,637
Liked 506 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing View Post
I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. And he clearly wasn't joking either.
When I was in college the rumour was that Miller added formaldehyde to preserve their beer so they could use clear bottles. the rumour was probably started by Budweiser. I wouldn't drink Miller for years.
__________________

Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

b-boy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #903
RCCOLA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Posts: 1,064
Liked 68 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing View Post
Heineken is the beer with the highest concentration of acetaldehyde in it. And that is a serious flaw with their fermentation process.
FTFY to make it a true statement.
Unbelievable that many people think it's a drinkable product.
__________________
RCCOLA is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #904
br1dge
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
br1dge's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 301
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsv1204

Been in NC for two years now. Still can't handle NC "BBQ". It might be growing on me a little, but it isn't BBQ... Not like I know it. KC, Memphis, Texas... All great but Carolina is different... Prob a topic for another meaningless debate thread.
Can't beat a smith fields sandwich and large sweet tea
__________________
br1dge is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #905
bleme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 2,004
Liked 279 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattynapps
He said no just mix a stout and an ipa. Strange people
Black Eyes (Stout & IPA mix) are pretty popular in my area.
__________________
bleme is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #906
russrob81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Arnold, Maryland
Posts: 496
Liked 140 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

9:00am Sunday a few years ago

Charlotte airport restaurant/bar
Gentleman (with sunglasses on inside) walks up to bar
Waitress (with nice southern accent): "what can I get you darlin"
Gentleman:" I'll have a bud light"
Waitress: "sorry I can't serve that yet"
Gentleman(a little annoyed): "what do you mean"
Waitress: "state law no alcohol until noon on Sunday"
Gentleman (more annoyed): "what the f*** is that"
Waitress: "NC law says you can't buy alcohol until noon on Sundays"
Gentleman (starting to get mad): "$&@?!#%£€¥*^!!!!"
Waitress: "sir you need to calm down"
Gentleman (full on temper tantrum): "$&@!!?)(/:&;82&,8*{!~*#'sodkt"
Waitress: "if you don't calm down I'm going to call the police"
Gentleman: "F*** your g**d**** f****** state and your g**d*** f****** bulls*** rules" then storms out of restaurant
Made everyone's breakfast show worth while

__________________
russrob81 is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #907
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
gcdowd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Posts: 1,881
Liked 194 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russrob81 View Post
9:00am Sunday a few years ago

Charlotte airport restaurant/bar
Gentleman (with sunglasses on inside) walks up to bar
Waitress (with nice southern accent): "what can I get you darlin"
Gentleman:" I'll have a bud light"
Waitress: "sorry I can't serve that yet"
Gentleman(a little annoyed): "what do you mean"
Waitress: "state law no alcohol until noon on Sunday"
Gentleman (more annoyed): "what the f*** is that"
Waitress: "NC law says you can't buy alcohol until noon on Sundays"
Gentleman (starting to get mad): "$&@?!#%£€¥*^!!!!"
Waitress: "sir you need to calm down"
Gentleman (full on temper tantrum): "$&@!!?)(/:&;82&,8*{!~*#'sodkt"
Waitress: "if you don't calm down I'm going to call the police"
Gentleman: "F*** your g**d**** f****** state and your g**d*** f****** bulls*** rules" then storms out of restaurant
Made everyone's breakfast show worth while
Haha gotta appease the church folks.
__________________

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

gcdowd is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #908
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russrob81
9:00am Sunday a few years ago

Charlotte airport restaurant/bar
Gentleman (with sunglasses on inside) walks up to bar
Waitress (with nice southern accent): "what can I get you darlin"
Gentleman:" I'll have a bud light"
Waitress: "sorry I can't serve that yet"
Gentleman(a little annoyed): "what do you mean"
Waitress: "state law no alcohol until noon on Sunday"
Gentleman (more annoyed): "what the f*** is that"
Waitress: "NC law says you can't buy alcohol until noon on Sundays"
Gentleman (starting to get mad): "$&@?!#%£€¥*^!!!!"
Waitress: "sir you need to calm down"
Gentleman (full on temper tantrum): "$&@!!?)(/:&;82&,8*{!~*#'sodkt"
Waitress: "if you don't calm down I'm going to call the police"
Gentleman: "F*** your g**d**** f****** state and your g**d*** f****** bulls*** rules" then storms out of restaurant
Made everyone's breakfast show worth while
Wow, what a shower bag.
__________________
Lushife is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #909
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Key West, Florida
Posts: 5,328
Liked 476 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 579

Default

He didn't have to be a jackass about it. But I personally think that law is ridiculous and if I were from another country and traveling and was told I couldn't have a drink because it wasn't noon yet, this one day out of the week, I'd feel upset about the illogic of it all. It's a religious based law which goes against the separation of church and state IMO. But again....... He still didn't have to throw a temper tantrum about it. If your old enough to drink like an adult you should be old enough to act like an adult.

__________________

EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Mosaic Cream ale
Primary : Simcoe Cream Ale
Primary : Pumpkin Pie Cider
On Tap : French Oak Muddy Waters Bourbon Chocolate Stout, Edicion Regionales Inglaterra

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

KeyWestBrewing is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #910
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWestBrewing
He didn't have to be a jackass about it. But I personally think that law is ridiculous and if I were from another country and traveling and was told I couldn't have a drink because it wasn't noon yet, this one day out of the week, I'd feel upset about the illogic of it all. It's a religious based law which goes against the separation of church and state IMO. But again....... He still didn't have to throw a temper tantrum about it. If your old enough to drink like an adult you should be old enough to act like an adult.
I know it's religious based but they find a way around that. Here in NJ you can't buy liquor to take home after 10pm I don't think it's a religion based law but its the law and we have to follow and show did this f***.
__________________
Lushife is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 50 04-22-2014 01:03 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 10:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM