The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #881
morticus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogri

nes tar:

That sounds like an EPIC neighbor to have Could imagine much worse.
As long as he keeps the damage contained to his property I'm g2g.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #882
newb
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Went to ruby Tuesday's to eat last night because I had a Christmas gift card. I knew the tap selection was going to be limited but I asked anyway.

What do you guys have on draft?
Server: BMC, Sam A, Blue moon, blue moon seasonal, and I suggest the Sam Adams seasonal. Their winter lager, is a delicious winter ale.
Me: (shakes head)
SWMBO: (trying to prevent me from educating him about something he probably doesn't care about anyway) "Just order it."
Me: yes give me the winter lager ale :-)
(Swmbo shoots me a dirty look)

At least swmbo knew, and could tell me why he was wrong, when he walked away. Teaching her well, even though she is a wine and not beer drinker. I was so proud :-)

Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #883
Grossy
Grossy Proudfoot
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavus View Post
This happened to me on a golf course once, we ordered a 6 pack of Yuengling and got charged the import price, we didn't care to argue but joked that it was actually from PA. Later that round the cart girl came back around after asking her manager with a partial refund. We applauded the service and tipped her the refunded amount extra on our next 6 pack.
You got to like any guy who is ordering six packs on the golf course and flirting with the beer-cart girl.

"Longest drive and closest to the pin"

"That was proper 1420, that was."
- Old Gaffer at the Bywater Inn

Old 12-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #884
OBayBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not necessarily funny, actually more frustrating, but my FIL swears all beer tastes the same. This is the same FIL who finished of a third of a bottle of Chimay Blue and said it was "Ok. Cold, wet, beer." I love the guy, but honestly!

Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #885
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmytheGeek View Post
Pop across the river to Newport, KY or if you're in the area, to Lexington.
Stores in Newport get KBS?!?! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Order is restored to my world!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #886
Fizzycist
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Me: yes give me the winter lager ale :-)
Fantastic!
mikesr71 Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #887
DonMagee
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I hate a frustrating experience at BW3's last week. I know the bar has local craft beers and I know they rotate them fairly regularly, however they never put a list out in the dining room.

So I ask the waitress what beers they have on tap and she swears there is nothing that is not on the back of the menu. Of course those are your usual nation wide brand commercial beers. So, rather than argue, I tell her I'll need a minute, get up, walk into the bar and ask the bartender. I come back to the table and she returns and I say "Do you guys have3 Flyod's Zombie Dust?" She replies "Of course we do, we carry gumballhead, zombie dust, and dreadnaught..."

WTF.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #888
DoubleAught
...is drinking again
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagee View Post
I hate a frustrating experience at BW3's last week. I know the bar has local craft beers and I know they rotate them fairly regularly, however they never put a list out in the dining room.

So I ask the waitress what beers they have on tap and she swears there is nothing that is not on the back of the menu. Of course those are your usual nation wide brand commercial beers. So, rather than argue, I tell her I'll need a minute, get up, walk into the bar and ask the bartender. I come back to the table and she returns and I say "Do you guys have3 Flyod's Zombie Dust?" She replies "Of course we do, we carry gumballhead, zombie dust, and dreadnaught..."

WTF.
I always walk up to the bar and read the tap handles at BW3's. It just saves the waitress from stumbling through trying to figure out whats on tap.
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #889
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMagee View Post

WTF.
I stopped feeling bad for you when I read this...
Old 12-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #890
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Oh bartenders... sigh
At least she was really cute

Small selection on tap, but decent. BMC, guiness, sam adams, and BMC "crafts": blue moon, goose island. I had a goose island christmas ale. Not the best, drinkable for sure, but I see they have some bottles in the fridge that look like sierra nevada...

Me "what do you have in bottles there?" (pointing towards the SN)

her, not even looking "bud bud light bud light platinum coors light miller light blue moon blue moon seasonal, uhmm..."

me, interupting the run-on BMC list "is that sierra nevada I see there?" (pointing)

her "oh yeah, um, i think its like a pale ale. kinda hoppy, i never had it though" (no reference to the red bottle that I am assuming is celebration ale)

me, allowing her he ignorance since she is cute as hell, "I'll take the SN"

her, handing me the bottle, "oh wait its an... um (reading) extra IPA, is that still ok?"

torpedo, yes please. I gave her her tip and just turned around. It amazed me how ignorant a server could be. If she was the greezy looking dude serving down the other way, he would have caught a little more hell. But she smiled purdy.

Kegged - Amber (homegrown hops)
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, doppelbock dunkel, Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, porter, Blueberry Blonde, Amber, Single Hop Pale Ale (exp 4190)
Primary - Lambic!, HT twist

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Quick Reply