Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #801
gbarnes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothgar View Post
I was at Bevmo a few weeks back, and two guys were looking at beer as I normally do.

One guy was telling the other about IPA's and how"they lay you down", etc.

The only problem was, he was saying IPA as if it were a word, he pronounced it "eepah"
Similar thing happened to me while in Peru a few months ago. I ordered a Greene King IPA and the bartender gave me a puzzled look, thought for a second, and then said "Oh, you mean an "eepah"?"

Shrugged my shoulders and said, "Yeah, give me one of those eepahs I've heard so much about."
Old 12-27-2012, 03:18 AM   #802
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 202 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grossy View Post
This was a quite a few years ago.

I was in a bar and asked what they had on tap the waitress rattlled off the generic:

Bud, Coors, Miller, and every version of Light, Ice, and Dry (what ever that is).

Then came Corona, Dos Equis, Killinans red, and Sam Adams.

She said domestics were $3.00 and that imports where $4.00.

I said I'll take a Sam Adams.

The bill came and it was $4.00 a beer. I said what gives? I ordered Sam Adams. She said that was an Import.

I said Sam Adams is made in Boston. She just looked puzzled, and said it was still an import.

It pains me to have Killians and Blue Moon get the import tag. Becks is made in St Louis, but good luck getting it for "domestic" pricing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #803
reinstone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 126

american beer (non-craft etc.) is like makin love in a canoe,
its f#c%in close to water!!!!!!!!!

BL, CL, Miller etc. is like makin love in a canoe.....
its fkin close to water.
Lagering/conditioning: German pils, Dortmunder
Lagering:Kolsch, Dusseldorf alt
American Amber, Red ale
Double ipa, Rye ipa
Fermenting: German pils
Wheat 1,Wheat 2
All to be kegged and served by May 10

Last edited by reinstone; 12-27-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: missoell
People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #804
lumpher
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by highgravitybacon View Post
It pains me to have Killians and Blue Moon get the import tag. Becks is made in St Louis, but good luck getting it for "domestic" pricing.
my neighbor drinks shiner beer. shiner beer is made in shiner, tx. here in texas, he has to pay import prices for a "beer" made in the same state. to keep on thread, his wife tells me she thinks my beer "tastes too much like beer", and doesn't drink it, even though she drinks a fair amount of keester... i mean keystone light

Taps:
1: Yeti RIS clone
2: Mangrove Hefe
3: Barkshack Gingermead
4: Oatmeal Stout
5: Bavarian Wheat
6: Premium Lager

Fermenting: Concord Wine, ESB

reinstone Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 04:01 AM   #805
reinstone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 126

keeyster!

BL, CL, Miller etc. is like makin love in a canoe.....
its fkin close to water.
Lagering/conditioning: German pils, Dortmunder
Lagering:Kolsch, Dusseldorf alt
American Amber, Red ale
Double ipa, Rye ipa
Fermenting: German pils
Wheat 1,Wheat 2
All to be kegged and served by May 10

Old 12-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #806
FunkyDung
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I walked into a small convenience store on my way home from work. I looked at everything in their selection and decided to pick up two bombers. One from Stone and one from Rogue. The girl at the register wanted to make small talk...

Her: Hey.. my boyfriend loves Rogue! He loves microbrews!
Me: Yeah... Rogue's great, along with Stone.
Her: There's actually a German beer here that he really liked.
Me: WHAT!? Where?! I looked at EVERYTHING here.
Her: I'll show you...

She led me right to Rogue's Irish Lager. I smiled, said no thanks, paid for my two bombers, and got out of there

" You can't seriously want to ban alcohol. It tastes great, makes women appear more attractive, and makes a person virtually invulnerable to criticism."

Old 12-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #807
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 53 Posts

I brought a couple growlers of my Black IPA (CDA) over to my buddy's house for a Christmas party.

Everybody loved it, then my buddy's dumbass older brother chimed in and said; "wow this is too bitter for a porter. I think you got to many air bubbles in your hops and ruined them during the boil." I looked at him and said please elaborate, so I don't make that mistake again. He said, "every brewer knows you gotta keep air bubbles out of your hops while they're boiling." I said "holy crap I did not know that, and to think I've been brewing for 15 years now and nobody has ever bothered to tell me this!" I thanked him for the info and asked him how long he's been brewing. He said, "well I haven't brewed yet but me and a buddy were thinking about getting into it."

Needless to say everybody thought he was a jackass.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #808
RCCOLA
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus View Post
He said, "every brewer knows you gotta keep air bubbles out of your hops while they're boiling."
Every good brewer knows you need to keep a hop de-aeration stone in the boil. Geez!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #809
cluckk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 346 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 47

My wife and I went into a bar and ordered a meal and two beers. I find around here the only thing I'm likely to enjoy on tap in most places is Guinness so I ordered one. My wife ordered a Budweiser as usual. When they brought the beers my wife's Bud was very cloudy and when she tasted it she told me it didn't taste right. I tasted it and it was a hefeweizen. It was a heck of a lot better than Bud, but she wanted her choice. I called the bartender over and told him he poured the wrong beer for my wife. He said he didn't and that he had pulled it from the correct tap. I told him then he must have his lines crossed or something because the glass did not have Bud. He walked over to the taps grabbed the one obviously marked with a hefeweizen pulled a small sample and tasted. He looked at me and said, "No sir, it's Budweiser." I looked at him like I had just discovered the missing link.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #810
mcspanner
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckk
My wife and I went into a bar and ordered a meal and two beers. I find around here the only thing I'm likely to enjoy on tap in most places is Guinness so I ordered one. My wife ordered a Budweiser as usual. When they brought the beers my wife's Bud was very cloudy and when she tasted it she told me it didn't taste right. I tasted it and it was a hefeweizen. It was a heck of a lot better than Bud, but she wanted her choice. I called the bartender over and told him he poured the wrong beer for my wife. He said he didn't and that he had pulled it from the correct tap. I told him then he must have his lines crossed or something because the glass did not have Bud. He walked over to the taps grabbed the one obviously marked with a hefeweizen pulled a small sample and tasted. He looked at me and said, "No sir, it's Budweiser." I looked at him like I had just discovered the missing link.
Lol just imagine what happens when he goes to other bars and fancies one of those nice "buds". He'll be sending them back complaining that it's too damned clear and has no flavour. Lol

Scientifically speaking, alcohol IS a solution.....

Quick Reply