Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #641
kscarrington
Silent Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 10

A friend just asked me to let her husband try some of my homebrew. Naturally I asked what he liked. He told her, Alaskan Amber - lagers. I didn't have the heart to correct either of them, I just told her I had the perfect beer for him (either way, I won't be wrong!).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #642
cluckk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 350 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 47

With the popularity of the show Moonshiners a whole new generation of stupid questions have been born:
"You brew beer? You mean like on Moonshiners?"
"You brew beer? Where is your still?"
"You brew beer? I love that. I watch Moonshiners all the time."
"You homebrew? I've always wanted to make my own whiskey."
Or the people who somehow think of homebrewing as inferior to distilling: "You brew beer huh? That's fine. But, I really want to learn to make whiskey." I see this same person all the time with a beer in his hand, but have never seen or even heard of him drinking whiskey.
Or the silliest: "You brew beer? Do you have a friend named Tickle, too?" I hope this last one was kidding.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #643
snaps10
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My wife and I brewed up 9 kegs (and a case) for m brother in laws wedding this weekend.
We did 5 gallons of stout
10 gallons of IPA
10 gallons of honey wheat
And 20 gallons of my pale blonde

As I was setting up the jockey box and the groomsmen were taking the first few pours, one piped up, "I wonder how many people here are used to drinking unfiltered, non-pasteurized beer?"
I made some snide remarks about how there are going to be some serious beer farts and runs to the bathrooms later on in the night.
Fast forward 3.5 hours. All of the kegs are dry, my wife, myself, and another couple who brew are downing a ridiculously expensive bottle of Pinot while soaking the night away in the hot tub. My friend's wife pipes up, "Good Lord! Did you guys smell how bad it was in that tent! It smelled like everyone farted at once."
My buddy and I nodded at each other, clinked glasses, and proceeded to laugh about it for the rest of the night.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #644
bergen69
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L
After laughing my @ss off to this thread for the past month, I finally have a contribution.

Sent a sixer of my first beer, a cooper's ipa extract kit, to my sister and BIL, been waiting for a few weeks for some feedback, was worried that they had tried it and were afraid to tell me it sucked. They normally drink BMC but i've caught 'em with some good stuff in the fridge now and then.

Sis texted me tonight, they had some people over and broke it out. "overall impression is that they like it, xyz said that it was a really good stout, almost like guiness"

She said she tried to explain the ipa part but to no avail. (in their defense, it did come out very dark, i guess the BMC crowd has 2 categories, light beer (fizzy yellow water) and guiness (anything darker than urine)
My urine is a nice copper color due to all the beer I drink. My wife says I need to drink more water...so I do I just cut it with about 5% alcohol and some hops.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #645
bleme
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckk
With the popularity of the show Moonshiners a whole new generation of stupid questions have been born:
"You brew beer? You mean like on Moonshiners?"
Moonshiners is actually what got me into brewing. I was over at a friends house and we started joking about getting into the biz, asking our wives if they would keep the still running if we got caught. One thing led to another and we ended up in a serious conversation about making beer. We usually brew 5G batches together and split them when we bottle.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #646
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My friend's wife pipes up, "Good Lord! Did you guys smell how bad it was in that tent! It smelled like everyone farted at once."

My buddy and I nodded at each other, clinked glasses, and proceeded to laugh about it for the rest of the night.[/QUOTE]

That's right home brewers are walking factories, we eat and wash it down with bottle conditioned home brew with live yeast cultures eating up all the digestible sugars in our stomach while farting co2 and pissin ethanol. Lol, I had that thought last night thinking about this thread.

....just add water.....

mikesr71 Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #647
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2578 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 5063

"If you drink the stuff in the bottom, it can kill you. Humans can't have yeast." no s&%#, I've heard that more than once from different people.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #648
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
"If you drink the stuff in the bottom, it can kill you. Humans can't have yeast." no s&%#, I've heard that more than once from different people.
WHAT??!!! How come no one told me! All this beer and bread....im a goner for sure!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #649
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2578 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 5063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostomo517 View Post
WHAT??!!! How come no one told me! All this beer and bread....im a goner for sure!
I figure that people drinking "the stuff on the bottom" will ultimately lead to the Zombie Apocalypse. we should be immune from the many years handling yeast. brewers with beards should be able to command zombies by way of thought alone.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #650
stat
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
I figure that people drinking "the stuff on the bottom" will ultimately lead to the Zombie Apocalypse. we should be immune from the many years handling yeast. brewers with beards should be able to command zombies by way of thought alone.
Friday sounds like its going to be fun. I wonder if I'll be the first person to make an all zombie slave brewed beer.

Quick Reply