New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 02:45 AM   #631
GrogNerd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 726 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 94

yeah, i'm an idiot... got my #s mixed up or saw a zero that wasn't there or didn't see one that was

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

drinking: DB8PT Session Ale, Sweetpea's Mock Maibock, DB 8 Point IPA Clone, Witless Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Czech Pilsner, CLB's Red Barleywine, 8 Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #632
logan3825
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The BA seems to disqualify D.G. Yuengling and Sons Inc. based on the adjunct stipulation. The adjunct stipulation seems to be pretty subjective. Seeing as how adjuncts could be right for the style of beer Yuengling makes. I think the most important thing is being independent of BMC and size. Heck those 2 don't even bother me as long as the beer is good. I admit being jealous of people who like inexpensive mass produced beer. I wish my beer cost as little as theirs does.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #633
Mojzis
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 62

When I started getting into beer, I drank a lot of Yuengling. Still will have a few when it costs 8$ for a craft draft at the bar, or when I have guests that drink bmc. To me they are still a micro, and family owned with a good beer is the selling factor.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #634
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1799 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

yesterday we got some new neighbors right across the street. I saw them in the liquor store.
husband: what kind of beer do you want?
wife:it all tastes the same to me.
husband: ok, you'll have Busch Light then & I'll drink the good stuff.

I looked over and he had a case of Busch Light & a case of Bud Light. I laughed a little and said, "you won that one." he smiled & nodded like he was getting away with something.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #635
craigger64
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
yesterday we got some new neighbors right across the street. I saw them in the liquor store.
husband: what kind of beer do you want?
wife:it all tastes the same to me.
husband: ok, you'll have Busch Light then & I'll drink the good stuff.

I looked over and he had a case of Busch Light & a case of Bud Light. I laughed a little and said, "you won that one." he smiled & nodded like he was getting away with something.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #636
histo320
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendkyleanemail View Post
A guy at work asks what I am doing over the weekend. "Not much." I say, "Might brew some beer." "Wow!" Says the guy, "You ever get caught?"
As I was cleaning my garage today, I was taking count of all of my bottles and other supplies (sadly I broke both my hydrometer and thermometer) and he asked "why do you have so many bottles?" I said I used to brew my own beer and now I'm getting started again.

He said, "well make sure the cops don't see you, its illegal you know." After clarifying how it isn't illegal he still said it was since making Moonshine is illegal, why would it be okay to make beer. Then he reminded me not to get caught.

Drinking - Craft Beer
Primary - Air
Secondary - Air
Up Next - The Plinian Legacy
OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #637
GrogNerd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 726 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 94

saw my neighbor in total wine this afternoon

he was checking out the craft beer section

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

drinking: DB8PT Session Ale, Sweetpea's Mock Maibock, DB 8 Point IPA Clone, Witless Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Czech Pilsner, CLB's Red Barleywine, 8 Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #638
tennesseean_87
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 105

On a craft beer blog devoted to the very best beers in the world: "weizenbocks and dunkelweizens are some of my favorite lager styles". The guy obviously drops major coin on rare beers to rate, so this was a bit surprising.

#8 Corks in Belgian Bottles Hold Carbonation
Increasing Pipeline Diversity
On Deck: Hefeweizen yeast experiment with 3068, T-58, and 3711
Youtube Chanel on Pipe Smoking

Old 12-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #639
Evan_L
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 70 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 58

After laughing my @ss off to this thread for the past month, I finally have a contribution.

Sent a sixer of my first beer, a cooper's ipa extract kit, to my sister and BIL, been waiting for a few weeks for some feedback, was worried that they had tried it and were afraid to tell me it sucked. They normally drink BMC but i've caught 'em with some good stuff in the fridge now and then.

Sis texted me tonight, they had some people over and broke it out. "overall impression is that they like it, xyz said that it was a really good stout, almost like guiness"

She said she tried to explain the ipa part but to no avail. (in their defense, it did come out very dark, i guess the BMC crowd has 2 categories, light beer (fizzy yellow water) and guiness (anything darker than urine)

Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #640
highgravitybacon
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L View Post
After laughing my @ss off to this thread for the past month, I finally have a contribution.

Sent a sixer of my first beer, a cooper's ipa extract kit, to my sister and BIL, been waiting for a few weeks for some feedback, was worried that they had tried it and were afraid to tell me it sucked. They normally drink BMC but i've caught 'em with some good stuff in the fridge now and then.

Sis texted me tonight, they had some people over and broke it out. "overall impression is that they like it, xyz said that it was a really good stout, almost like guiness"

She said she tried to explain the ipa part but to no avail. (in their defense, it did come out very dark, i guess the BMC crowd has 2 categories, light beer (fizzy yellow water) and guiness (anything darker than urine)
Before I knew anything about beer, I thought that beer comes in five flavors: light lager, premium lager, ice lager, dry lager and dark lager. That's all the beer flavors.

Any other description was simply superfluous.

Quick Reply