New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #461
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by FermentedScientist View Post
We have a server here that is hard core German. She's an older lady who hates serving Bud or Bud Light, the only two such beers we carry. One day this intelligent gentleman decided to engage her in a rowdy bout of tom foolery. He insulted her German heritage and demanded "a real beer, Bud Light" from her. She explained that we have some fine German beers that exemplify the style he's used to, but he would have none of it. Flustered, she came to me with the story and told me she didn't want to take the awful offering to him. Then she told me what he said. "If the Germans are so good at making beer, how come they lost two World Wars?"

Come on. So I offer to take the whole table's beers to them. The gentleman's father ordered a liter of Oktoberfest from Spaten.

"Here we go, I have a fine German beer for you sir, a nice Riesling for you Ma'am and a beer flavored putrid malt beverage for you."

"Excuse me, this is REAL BEER."

"No, your father ordered a real beer, you ordered a pansy malt beverage only fit for cooking hot dogs in."

"Then why does it say BEER on the label?"

"Because it's legal to lie in the states. In Europe and the rest of the world they aren't allowed to call it BEER, they have to call it malt beverage like Zima and most wine coolers. So you're basically drinking a wine cooler. Enjoy your Zima, and you sir (pointing to his father), enjoy that BEER."

The whole table laughed at him. The server asked me if that was true about Europe.

"I don't think so, but it's true to him right now."

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

wailingguitar Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #462
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 569 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Took few of my homebrews to a buddies house to watch a football game, offered one to his friend (who had a deathgrip on his Miller Lite) I got the response "No thanks you never know if that stuffs not made right it can make you blind" I gotta say I was a little offended but oh well more delicious pumpkin ale for me...enjoy your rice and corn water

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #463
joshualoomis
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

at one of my favorite craft beer bars i ordered a sierra nevada northern hemisphere wet-hopped ale. i commented that it was delicious. the barmaid then tells me (in a bit of a snooty way):

"yeah, it's one of my favorites. i love those wet-hopped beers as opposed to the dry-hopped ones."

i didn't have the heart to tell her that wet hopping refers to ingredients and dry hopping refers to process. i did have a hearty silent chuckle, however.

probably would have blown her mind to tell her the wet hop ale was probably dry hopped...

Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #464
andycr
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualoomis View Post
at one of my favorite craft beer bars i ordered a sierra nevada northern hemisphere wet-hopped ale. i commented that it was delicious. the barmaid then tells me (in a bit of a snooty way):

"yeah, it's one of my favorites. i love those wet-hopped beers as opposed to the dry-hopped ones."

i didn't have the heart to tell her that wet hopping refers to ingredients and dry hopping refers to process. i did have a hearty silent chuckle, however.

probably would have blown her mind to tell her the wet hop ale was probably dry hopped...
"It's actually dry-hopped with wet hops." *BOOM*
trujunglist Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #465
abarhan
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Over heard at the bar "this Jacobins tastes like A1 steak sauce, I love steak sauce!" Wow. Steak sauce really?

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Can we turn our beds into bunk beds? It would free up so much room for activities.

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

Exposure Brewing Co.

Follow on FB, Schwitter and Goggle+

Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #466
Skeptidelphian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 106

"I wish they would stop making beers with hops again."

"Do you triple brew your beer like Coors?"

"Why do you need a glass for your beer?"

Primary #1: Boathouse Brown (American Brown Ale)
Secondary: Empty
Conditioning:
Drinking:
In the Works:All-American Pale Ale (American Pale Ale), Wissahickon Wheat Beer (American Wheat Beer), Down the Shore Ale (Blonde Ale)

Old 12-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #467
unionrdr
Gotta home brew jones
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1664 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1144

Mine are tripple brewed & tripple hopped! Real manly beer!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #468
tennesseean_87
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshualoomis View Post

Except if you're talking about ingredients, you could refer to hops that have been dried as dry hops (although she probably didn't know this). Similar to how 'light' means two different things depending on if you're talking about color or weight. Dry stout is a dark, light beer.
#8 Corks in Belgian Bottles Hold Carbonation
Increasing Pipeline Diversity
On Deck: Hefeweizen yeast experiment with 3068, T-58, and 3711
Youtube Chanel on Pipe Smoking

Old 12-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #469
Doctor_Wily
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseean_87 View Post
Dry stout is a dark, light beer.
http://justgetrealweightloss.com My blog: How I lost 15lbs in 30 Days, and more!

~~Updated Jul 08 ~~

Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #470
cluckk
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 342 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 47

"Guinness? I don't like beer with that much alcohol."

Quick Reply