Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #4351
cpl-america
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brandon, suffolk, uk
Posts: 420
Liked 60 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post

If she doesn't get up to pour his beer, how can she spit in it?
A little extra amalayse never hurts a beer!
__________________

"it's totally cheaper to brew beer, honey, i swear."

cpl-america is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #4352
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
beaksnbeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 2,827
Liked 490 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
If she doesn't get up to pour his beer, how can she spit in it?
I bet 2-1 over the years they've swapped some spit.
__________________
Quote:
Home of the 12 Tap keezer
beaksnbeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #4353
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ChshreCat's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 11,341
Liked 473 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaksnbeer View Post
I bet 2-1 over the years they've swapped some spit.
Yeah, but I doubt she hocks it up from the deep end when they do that.
__________________

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

ChshreCat is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #4354
lemy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: West Richland, Washington
Posts: 146
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

A friend of mine owns a local bottle shop. a woman walked in the shop carrying an empty growler. The growler was printed with the shop's name. She says, "I believe this is yours", to my friend Kara, "my son brought this home." Kara explained that she is not a video store, and that the woman's son had purchased the growler and it was theirs to keep.

Might be time for the son to move away from home.

__________________

-Lemy

www.reedbrewing.com

lemy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #4355
speeddemon190
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: monroe, Michigan
Posts: 146
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Yeah, but I doubt she hocks it up from the deep end when they do that.
disturbing
__________________

Primary: bee cave brewery Haus pale ale, swmbo slayer
Secondary: none
bottled: none
Kegged: hefeweizen, raspberry wheat
Upcoming: Oktoberfest

speeddemon190 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #4356
bighorn08
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemy
A friend of mine owns a local bottle shop. a woman walked in the shop carrying an empty growler. The growler was printed with the shop's name. She says, "I believe this is yours", to my friend Kara, "my son brought this home." Kara explained that she is not a video store, and that the woman's son had purchased the growler and it was theirs to keep. Might be time for the son to move away from home.
Had a similar situation, I help out at a small brewery and one Sunday afternoon a lady came in with 2 growlers, she asked for the deposit back on "these jugs my husband brought home". Tried to explain the he bought them, she didn't get it. Then she decides to leave them there because she doesn't want them in the house, ten minutes later here comes the husband to reclaim his growlers! He did not look too happy.
__________________
bighorn08 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #4357
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Windom, MN
Posts: 6,615
Liked 2623 Times on 1675 Posts
Likes Given: 5159

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemy View Post
A friend of mine owns a local bottle shop. a woman walked in the shop carrying an empty growler. The growler was printed with the shop's name. She says, "I believe this is yours", to my friend Kara, "my son brought this home." Kara explained that she is not a video store, and that the woman's son had purchased the growler and it was theirs to keep.

Might be time for the son to move away from home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighorn08 View Post
Had a similar situation, I help out at a small brewery and one Sunday afternoon a lady came in with 2 growlers, she asked for the deposit back on "these jugs my husband brought home". Tried to explain the he bought them, she didn't get it. Then she decides to leave them there because she doesn't want them in the house, ten minutes later here comes the husband to reclaim his growlers! He did not look too happy.
on both accounts: bwahahahahhahahahahaaa!!! hoooo! that's good stuff right there!
__________________

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
Billy-Klubb is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #4358
Keith66
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Keith66's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 688
Liked 242 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Default

I still can't figure out why growlers come with caps. A straw would be better. Or maybe a little cup like cough medicine. But a cap??? What for???

__________________
Next:
Primary:
Primary:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock, Bohemian Pilsner
Keith66 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #4359
mcangeli
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mcangeli's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 334
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith66 View Post
I still can't figure out why growlers come with caps. A straw would be better. Or maybe a little cup like cough medicine. But a cap??? What for???
For transportation. Most states outside of Texas have Open Container laws. The cap makes it a closed container.
__________________
mcangeli is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #4360
finsfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
 
finsfan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Posts: 8,977
Liked 1923 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 3820

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcangeli View Post
For transportation. Most states outside of Texas have Open Container laws. The cap makes it a closed container.
I think he was being facetious
__________________

.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkleJon View Post
I weep about society as a whole. In the land of reality TV and microwave dinners, the homebrewer is king.
finsfan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 50 04-22-2014 01:03 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 10:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM