Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #3501
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2893 Times on 1844 Posts
Likes Given: 5588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith66 View Post
Sad part is, it was my joke. Kinda like kicking myself in the nuts.
I'd pay someone else ten floccin' dollars to see you do that! but you kinda gotta jump off a coffee table while you do it.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Channel 5 news is reporting g I'm smacked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
Leadgolem Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #3502
DoubleAught
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonmann
The wife and I were heading over to a friends house and I wanted to get some beer to bring. We didn't have enough time to go by the liquor store so quickly ran into the supermarket (publix) to get something. I grabbed a 4 pack of DFH 90, glad that they carried it. It was a little more than I would expect to pay at a liquor store but I was in a hurry. I go to checkout- Cashier -<as it rings up> "Wow that is expensive for beer" Me - "yeah, it's expensive for them to make" Cashier- "you do know it's only 4 beers right?" Me - "well aware, yes" Cashier- "you can pick up a 12 pack of bud light for how much this cost" Me - "well it..." and I was cutoff by... Cashier- "and you'll have twice as much beer!" Me - <realizing that the cashier did not have a basic understanding of 1st grade arithmetic, I decided to cut the conversation short> with a smile I say- "Thanks, I'll do that next time" Cashier- "just trying to help you save some money" Me- "thanks"
That happens to me all the time! I've gotten to where I just smile and nod.

I have a friend that owns a liquor store. He had gotten some Pumking in and texted me saying he'd put one in the cooler for me for when I got off work. When I got there he was gone and I couldn't find the bottle. I asked one of the two very redneck boys behind the counter if they knew where he'd put the Pumking. They both looked at each other, then back to me "The Wha?". One comes out to the isle and just randomly starts pointing at different beer asking if that was it. Finally I just grabbed a warm one and took it up to the cash register. He says "What is that? Pumpkin beer? What the hell?" He rings it up and checks to make sure the price is right. "Hell you can buy a 12 pack of Bush light for what that one bottle costs."......I know.
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:47 AM   #3503
BGBC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 574 Times on 415 Posts
Likes Given: 454

Dude at bar: I'll take the DFH (just looking at the taps)
Bartender: Have you had it before?
Dude: yea plenty of times
B: ok, here you go
(Wait 5 minutes and Dude comes back with a full glass)
D: is this the only DFH you have?
B: yes, it's the Chateau Jiahu
D: oh, I thought it was the normal one
B: um, no
D: oh give me a hef

I can't hate too much because the guy ordered a Live Oak Hef as his backup, but laughing when thinking about this guy sipping his beer thinking he was getting a 60 min or something and getting some crazy sake yeast mead/wine/beer mix instead.

Ah well, not that funny, just bored at the bar.

Bottled/Drinking: Apfelwein, Leaping Goats Coffee Brown Ale (v1 & v2), Anniversary Barleywine, High Ground Gose, Vanilla Rhubarb Mead, Sour Blackberry Cider, Dos Caldera Porter (plain & whiskey versions)
Primary/Secondary: Evolution of Funk (Brett Saison mini-solera) + refill, BRB Melomel, Red River (Flanders) Red, Wild Cider, Frankencyser
DisturbdChemist Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 03:59 AM   #3504
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 964 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
Ha! Girlie beer. what a friggin wussyboy. Give them a couple 7.2% doppelbocks. Or a barleywine @ 10-12%. It always kills me when I explain that home brew has just as much if not more ABV as/then BMC's. Then I finally get it out of some of them that they like the flavor of the BMC more. Why couldn't they just be honest to begin with? Why all the male ego posturing? Kinda like Sam Huston said once-"If it's so smooth,how do you know it's bad for you?". I think that's part of it.
It's male testosterone poisoning, most of us grow out of it.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #3505
fuzzy2133
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGrylls View Post

WHAT!? It's not fantastic, but then again, it's the best Munich/Vienna dunkel made in Mexico..
Good to know since I am in the Los cobos area and its the only beer I like so far.

Next: Brandon O Graff, Barleywine
Primary: Left Hand Milk Stout Clone (11/21/14)
Secondary: Ice Cider with store bought frozen concentrate (9/15/14)
Drinking: Freezer Clean Out APA (9/1/14), Smoker Toasted Oatmeal Stout (9/27/14) and Craft Beer

Old 09-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #3506
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2893 Times on 1844 Posts
Likes Given: 5588

caaawwwffeeeeee...

edit: wrong thread.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy View Post
Channel 5 news is reporting g I'm smacked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
DisturbdChemist Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #3507
dkwolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 175 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
I'd pay someone else ten floccin' dollars to see you do that! but you kinda gotta jump off a coffee table while you do it.
I think I've mentioned it on HBT before, but I knew a guy in college that could do that. (well, never tried it jumping off a coffee table, sorry).

Best part was, he'd do it on request. I bet in one semester he junked himself at least two dozen times.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #3508
Keith66
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 243 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 265

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwolf View Post
I think I've mentioned it on HBT before, but I knew a guy in college that could do that. (well, never tried it jumping off a coffee table, sorry).

Best part was, he'd do it on request. I bet in one semester he junked himself at least two dozen times.
With folks like Billy around, he coulda paid his way through college doin that.
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Apple Cider, Helles Bock, Bohemian Pilsner
Billy-Klubb Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #3509
NickTheGreat
Recipes 

Liked 195 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdietert View Post
Yea, Guinness and Cider is a Black Adder, Snake Bite or Poor Mans Black Velvet which have been around for awhile. I have served a few when I was a bartender 15 or so years ago. I agree, they are pretty nasty but I am a purest. We had a several beer mixed drinks, including a Guinness float. Seems they are making a comeback.
I was at a local English Pub Pizza Joint and they had a whole section on their menu of things like this. Probably 8 different Guinness and Somethings.

Black and Tan. Black Castle (Guinness/Newcastle), Black Tire (Guinness/Fat Tire). All sorts of weird combos like that

Old 09-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #3510
cval
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy2133 View Post
Good to know since I am in the Los cobos area and its the only beer I like so far.
If you're at los cabos (baja california) ask around for ramuri beer. They make a very decent imperial stout & imperial oatmeal stout (head retention sucks but their beer is tasty)

there's tons of mexican craft breweries up north so i really don't understand some of the folks who just said that negrA modelo is the best munich dunkel beer around here. And it's not a vienna, that would be victoria, both leon & negra modelo are munich dunkel.

that sort of attitude towards the mexican craft scene feels like if i was calling bud the only american beer worth a crap or even worse, the best interpretation of the american pilsner style

Quick Reply