Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #301
drainbamage
It'll getcha drunk!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 381 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryush806 View Post
I unfortunately can't find the pic but my buddy sent me a menu where it was distinguished as "Real Beer" and "Piss Water"

SWMBO and I went to the only bar with good beer in a town with mostly BMC bars. She didn't know what they had so she asked for a Coors light. The bartender said "No, drink something better!" Haha
SWMBO, several friends, and myself were eating at a German restaurant that produces all their beer onsite. All of us were drinking Helles, hefeweizen, etc. except for my one friend (who drinks Miller Lite exclusively). Since there was no BMC available, he had to order the house light lager, and the waiter teased him about it. After the first round, SWMBO switched to a Coke because she didn't want to overdo it. My friend asked the waiter why he didn't make fun of her for drinking a Coke, and he responded, "because she ordered a real beer the first time!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #302
beergolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 358 Times on 294 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I was in Monk's in Philly and two guys came in and asked for Coor's Light. The woman behind the bar said that do not carry any beers like that. She explained that they carry mostly Belgian beers. She offered a sample of something for them to try. They decided that they could drink that and ordered a couple. They proceeded to drink these Belgians at the same pace they were used to drinking Coor's Light. After a few of those yhey said lots of funny stuff, because they were totally loaded.....very entertaining.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #303
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergolf View Post
I was in Monk's in Philly and two guys came in and asked for Coor's Light. The woman behind the bar said that do not carry any beers like that. She explained that they carry mostly Belgian beers. She offered a sample of something for them to try. They decided that they could drink that and ordered a couple. They proceeded to drink these Belgians at the same pace they were used to drinking Coor's Light. After a few of those yhey said lots of funny stuff, because they were totally loaded.....very entertaining.
On a serious note: Most people who drink beer like that just drink it to get drunk. These two guys may have just stumbled into craft brew, specifically Belgians. If they remember that they had to drink less beer to get "wasted" they might start drinking this beer more often and they may even venture into other styles.

For them, this could be the beginning of the realization that beer can have flavor.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #304
goodsuds
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

My wife and I went to a local deep dish pizza place in STL, Pi, a few years ago after it first opened. When the waitress came to take our order I asked her what beers they had. She said their "premium" beer was PBR. After I stopped lauging she continued to go through the list and never once mentioned an AB product. I was curious why a local company that prides itself on being "green" was shipping in beers from all over the country but not locally, so I asked her "Why no AB products?". She told me the owner didn't think they complemented his pizza.

I learned 2 valuable lessons that day - 1.) If you want real deep dish pizza, go to Chicago, and 2.) Trendy "hipster" (aka "green") pizza joint owners make the worst kind of beer snobs.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #305
andycr
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 20

"Nah, I don't like lager." - myself, last night.

(In my defense, I meant to say I didn't like -Harp- lager, which a random loud guy at the pub was trying to push on people. I find it tastes like wet dog smells, so I was attempting to dodge that particular bullet.)

Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #306
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2068 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 4150

"I had two 8% beers last night. but they were in 16oz cans, so each one was like 16%!"- a different old coworker of mine.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #307
Tamarlane
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 5

"It's sweet because it is a quadruple, which means they ferment it four times, and they have to add more sugar each time to keep it going" - some guy in the next aisle at the beer store last night.

Actually close enough to almost knowing what he was talking about that I wanted to correct him but I found it funny.

Reminded me of many years ago when my friend offered me a pint of Anchor Steam..."You've never tried this before? It's good, they use steam to brew it"

Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #308
michaellifts
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessBrewing View Post
Remember those bitter beer face commercials?
I was outside boiling the other day. My Keggle was on my burner, outside temp in the low 40's, steam rolling out of the kettle. My neighbor across the street comes over and asks if I am burning my garbage. I explain to him I am brewing beer. I was enjoying a previous brew. An oak aged bourbon infused old ale. He asked to try some. I smiled and poured him a glass. I was reluctant to just because he solely drinks Coors light and I knew he wouldn't appreciate it. He drank the whole glass. With every sip he made the "bitter beer face" and said-"Boy, That's Bitter." I think IBU's are only around 50.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #309
PurdyGood
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My BIL loves most of my homebrew, but usually drinks only Coors Light. His favorite beer is Bud Light Lime, but he can "only drink 1 or 2 at a time because it's so strong. And he (effing) hates Miller Lite. It tastes terrible!" then he makes the bitter beer face.
He drank 1 HB porter tonight and said he was too buzzed to have any more. Maybe he doesn't actually like it? But he was saying he wanted to get into home brewing... I'm so confused.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #310
troyh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdyGood
My BIL loves most of my homebrew, but usually drinks only Coors Light. His favorite beer is Bud Light Lime, but he can "only drink 1 or 2 at a time because it's so strong. And he (effing) hates Miller Lite. It tastes terrible!" then he makes the bitter beer face.
He drank 1 HB porter tonight and said he was too buzzed to have any more. Maybe he doesn't actually like it? But he was saying he wanted to get into home brewing... I'm so confused.
Does he weigh 75lbs?

Quick Reply