Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #291
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2333 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 4705

brew master over Crow Peak watched my friends wife pouring Clamato into their IPA in their tap room. he said, "What is she doing to my beer?!?"
my friend replied, "She puts it in every beer. You can't stop her. No one can." I just wish I was there for when she tried the porter. hahaha!

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #292
zmanzorro
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I was just at a barbecue place in Kansas City and my dad asked the waiter where Leinenkugel was from. I responded before the waiter saying Wisconsin, and the waiter's response was, "Oh, I thought it was from some place in Northern Europe!."

“Beer is the center of everything. Everything revolves around beer. When you drink beer, everything revolves. Therefore beer is the center of everything.” — University of Waterloo Engineers

Primary/Secondary: Assassyn IIPA (Odell's Myrcenary clone)
Bottle: Battering Ram Belgian Golden Strong Ale

Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #293
huntingohio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 10

My step dad is the proverbial "master of everything" [in his mind]. Is always fun to mess with. He thinks that wikipedia or the interwebz always has the true awnser. A prime example is it took me 3 years to convince him that using mutiple devices on broadband was why he got a slow loading time. He thought broadband meant unlimted bandwith [he went to tech school for networking in the mid 90s, prolly a year before broadband became easily accesable]

I have given him a few beers to taste, and instead of sipping and analyzing, he just downs [chugs] them from the bottle, no smelling, or no decanting, and declares wether he approves of it or not. Then again he cant taste a difference between skips, resses, or store brand peanut butter.

Funniest things I have heard have to be from a bartender buddy of mine. who asked if I liked butt light [got some cheap cheap from work]. I told him hated it. He accusingly said you like those ipas then huh, I said no. He said well then what do you drink, I had to inform him of what a barley wine, bock, heffe, saison, and basically all the good stuff was. I recently caught him trying to school some guys on beer [bmc drinkers], that called corona a mexican ale... I'm so proud of him.

Funniest thing I hear alomost daily are the declerations of bud light or any bmc brand being a "great beer", with a great flavor. They have there place, as a lawnmower beer maybe, but most certainly arent great.

Budwiser is too strong, I drink bud light [hear that alot actually]

I dont drink that budwiser crap, I only like corona and tecate [facepalm, nice job being exotic]

Man I'm so glad I stepped up from natty/busch, this is strong/ better tasting [usually a guy holding a bmc or one of the aforementioned mexican beers]

P1 Strawberry bannna melomel
p2 mixed berry cyser
p3 lemon ginger melomel
2 gallon fermenting kit is OTW!!!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #294
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMbrewer View Post
I was at a bar with some friends for my birthday that had something like 40 or 50 beers on tap, most of which were worth drinking. We overheard a stereotypical collage guy come up to the bar and ask if he could get a pitcher of nati light. After a brief pause the bartender answered in a monotone: "No, you can't." I must admit, I laughed. But hey, we all start somewhere. I drank ridiculous amounts of miller high life before I became a hop head homebrewer.
I instantly thought of Mike from Breaking Bad when I read this. "No Walter, you can't".

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #295
liquiditynerd
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 17

My neighbor "figured out" I was a brewer and told me not to complain to him when the police show up.

Really? I guess it is the south and that's just what they're use to.

....just add water.....

Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #296
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Haha, what a tool. Did you let him know that you "figured out" brewing was legal?

Simple bottling process

Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #297
Billy-Klubb
Capt. Floccin' Awesome
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2333 Times on 1532 Posts
Likes Given: 4705

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquiditynerd View Post
My neighbor "figured out" I was a brewer and told me not to complain to him when the police show up.

Really? I guess it is the south and that's just what they're use to.
I've been asked many times if I made meth. when I reply "no", they always ask, "then what's that copper coil for!" hahaha!

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Old 11-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #298
Aspenextreme
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb

I've been asked many times if I made meth. when I reply "no", they always ask, "then what's that copper coil for!" hahaha!
Then you should ask them how they know meth uses a copper coil
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #299
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

My new next door neighbor finally approached me a couple of months ago and I told her not to worry that I was just brewing beer she told me she has a degree in csi and knew that I wasn't making meth. Not 2 mins later she made a joke about me being a drug pusher to her husband because I have a beard and I'm always "cooking" in the garage. Then she told me that she sometimes sells pain killers and to make it all crazy her husband is a major in the army. Weird people.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #300
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyChopps View Post
My new next door neighbor finally approached me a couple of months ago and I told her not to worry that I was just brewing beer she told me she has a degree in csi and knew that I wasn't making meth. Not 2 mins later she made a joke about me being a drug pusher to her husband because I have a beard and I'm always "cooking" in the garage. Then she told me that she sometimes sells pain killers and to make it all crazy her husband is a major in the army. Weird people.
Awesome. They sound like people to have on your good side.

Simple bottling process

Quick Reply