Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #2851
Bookworm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , Iowa
Posts: 147
Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Haha, no thanks. Though I wouldn't mind if somebody wanted to send me some horn. I'm just learning how to make knives and elk horn makes a great handle.
I tend to horde up all of that I can get for my own knife making. Even though I have not made any in a long time I plan to get set up for it again some day. But just to be fair, my dad also lives in Colorado if you can find him and talk him out of it you can have it. I will give only one hint, look east from Denver.
__________________
Bookworm is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 04:42 AM   #2852
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 959 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
I tend to horde up all of that I can get for my own knife making. Even though I have not made any in a long time I plan to get set up for it again some day. But just to be fair, my dad also lives in Colorado if you can find him and talk him out of it you can have it. I will give only one hint, look east from Denver.
Lol, ok. That narrows things down I guess. I was joking anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 AM   #2853
Bookworm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: , Iowa
Posts: 147
Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
Lol, ok. That narrows things down I guess. I was joking anyway.
I think it was a good hint, at least from my point of view. Seriously though there is a chance I might come across some horn I could give up. If I do will let you know. More knife makers is always a good thing. If you are doing forge work get some high carbon railroad spikes and play with them. They do not tend to sell well but are a lot of fun to make into knives and play with different forging and finishing techniques.

EDIT: Probably should add something beer related... MMmmm Do not drink beer while forging.
EDIT2: Old files are good for forging and just grinding them out... Skip the beer when doing that one also.
__________________
Bookworm is offline
Leadgolem Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #2854
Wolfehausbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Evans, Colorado
Posts: 5
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Had a guy tell me the other day "anyone who drinks bud light and only bud light is like a child who will only eat Craft Macaroni and cheese." I thought it a good analogy! Admitted, I have brewed a few light lagers in my day, and enjoyed them very much. Even made a pickle pils w/ a pickle in every bottle.

__________________
Wolfehausbrewery is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #2855
bobmcstuff
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: , UK
Posts: 589
Liked 278 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Agreed forst. "Most of our customers just dont like them" would have been a perfectly acceptable answer.

Unless of course she was just teasing them (and they knew it). I saw a guy order a Bushmills at a bar once and the tender made an exaggerated gasp "thats PROTESTANT whisky!" he said.
To me that's just a quote from The Wire...
__________________
bobmcstuff is offline
CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #2856
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CreamyGoodness's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 6,650
Liked 1574 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 2508

Default

I swear he said it!

__________________


You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

CreamyGoodness is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #2857
Hawaiibboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 275
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forstmeister

See, this is the kind of stuff that bothers me. I love craft beer as much as the next guy, maybe even more than most. But when I encounter servers and bartenders who look down their noses at people just because they happen to like light American lagers is bad for craft beer. It gives a horrible impression of snobbery to people who are uninitiated in the craft beer movement.
I regularly frequent a gastropub here on Oahu called "Real". It is probably the coolest "craft beer" bar in town. I always hear people asking for blue moon or a number of various BMC products. Every single one of the tenders has a very similar answer. "Sorry, we don't have that. I could suggest something that will be similar though." That right there is how you do it. Typically if the person is wanting a beer still they enjoy the suggested beer. If they still want a "lite" then they offer them PBR tall boys.

They have about a 150-300 bottle list and 28 or 30 taps that rotate rather frequently. Two of their taps are nitro and two are cask beer machine taps. They almost always have at least one hefewiezen on tap and at least one lager on tap. It's a great place to get your BMC friends to try stepping into the craft world.
__________________
Hawaiibboy is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 03:25 AM   #2858
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 959 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post
I think it was a good hint, at least from my point of view. Seriously though there is a chance I might come across some horn I could give up. If I do will let you know. More knife makers is always a good thing. If you are doing forge work get some high carbon railroad spikes and play with them. They do not tend to sell well but are a lot of fun to make into knives and play with different forging and finishing techniques.

EDIT: Probably should add something beer related... MMmmm Do not drink beer while forging.
EDIT2: Old files are good for forging and just grinding them out... Skip the beer when doing that one also.
Cool. Thanks for the tips. I figured I'd play around with some mild steel bar stock first, then stuff cut out of old saw blades. It should be fun. I don't know if I'm going to be able to do much forge work, if any. Lots of other projects that need my attention around this house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfehausbrewery View Post
Had a guy tell me the other day "anyone who drinks bud light and only bud light is like a child who will only eat Craft Macaroni and cheese." I thought it a good analogy! Admitted, I have brewed a few light lagers in my day, and enjoyed them very much. Even made a pickle pils w/ a pickle in every bottle.
Nothing wrong with a box of mac'n cheese once in a while. Generally though, I'd rather have the steak.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #2859
nitrousjunkie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Honolulu HI/ Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Posts: 205
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiibboy View Post
I regularly frequent a gastropub here on Oahu called "Real". It is probably the coolest "craft beer" bar in town. I always hear people asking for blue moon or a number of various BMC products. Every single one of the tenders has a very similar answer. "Sorry, we don't have that. I could suggest something that will be similar though." That right there is how you do it. Typically if the person is wanting a beer still they enjoy the suggested beer. If they still want a "lite" then they offer them PBR tall boys.

They have about a 150-300 bottle list and 28 or 30 taps that rotate rather frequently. Two of their taps are nitro and two are cask beer machine taps. They almost always have at least one hefewiezen on tap and at least one lager on tap. It's a great place to get your BMC friends to try stepping into the craft world.
Where is this place at? I may have to check them out when I get back from this deployment come October.
__________________
http://signatures.myarmedforces.com/..._signature.png
nitrousjunkie is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #2860
badgerbrew14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 28
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

It's not too far from Waikiki. Nice place, the food is as good as the beer list. Really enjoyed that place!

__________________
badgerbrew14 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 50 04-22-2014 01:03 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 10:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM