Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #191
Obliviousbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 227 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosapien View Post
"But the lacing!!!!!! JUST LOOK AT THE LACING and that head!"

OH, AND THE LACING!

thanks TSA
Can be that lacing and head because of all the lotion TSA used to rub on his arms and chest?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #192
Raenon
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratwolf View Post
Now you have. Tastes like rusty water to me. Not hatin' b/c I know tastes vary--I just won't drink it. Oh, and I live two states away, have had it in many different places & formats. Just not my cup of tea.

Then again, I've gotten to where if there's no craft beer in a place I just won't drink.
Ah, right. I forgot the beer snobs that won't drink it because they make more than 3 bottles a year, or because sell it at a price that their working class customers will pay.
My mistake.

-Realize I should probably note, I'm really not trying to be argumentative or accusatory here... I know full well tastes vary, but I still think there is something to the theory.
Preconceptions are a powerful thing, and while I try not to dispute any one person, beer snobbery is a massive trend on boards like this.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #193
RCCOLA
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
Ah, right. I forgot the beer snobs that won't drink it because they make more than 3 bottles a year...
Preconceptions are a powerful thing, and while I try not to dispute any one person, beer snobbery is a massive trend on boards like this.
I love all beer that's brewed well and without flaws and even enjoy an occasional Bud or Coors. Just brewed a rice lager similar to Coors Banquet.

That being said, there's something wrong with the way Yeungling handles their yeast. All of their beers taste like banana to me. I toured the brewery in Tampa and ended up belching banana for the rest of the day.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #194
SweetSounds
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The wife and I were at an Old Chicago a few months back. I ordered a Fat Tire. Waitress comes back maybe 3 minutes later and says "we're out of Fat Tire". I was in a hoppy mood, so I said "what's the hoppiest thing you have on tap?" She gets this really thoughtful, serious look on her face and replies "Guinness - it's really hoppy"
My wife - a beer snob-in-progress - busts out laughing, and then chokes it back when the waitress gave her the "you doubt me" look.

I smiled and ordered a Two Hearted

Put some duct tape over the gauge - Or better yet - Replace the high pressure gauge with a plug - High pressure gauges are useless!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #195
tre9er
Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCOLA View Post
I love all beer that's brewed well and without flaws and even enjoy an occasional Bud or Coors. Just brewed a rice lager similar to Coors Banquet.

That being said, there's something wrong with the way Yeungling handles their yeast. All of their beers taste like banana to me. I toured the brewery in Tampa and ended up belching banana for the rest of the day.
I taste banana in Bud Light sometimes, especially draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davekippen View Post
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:44 PM   #196
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Ah, right. I forgot the beer snobs that won't drink it because they make more than 3 bottles a year, or because sell it at a price that their working class customers will pay.
My mistake.

-Realize I should probably note, I'm really not trying to be argumentative or accusatory here... I know full well tastes vary, but I still think there is something to the theory.
If you're not trying to be argumentative or accusatory, I recommend not being argumentative or accusatory. It's much more effective than being argumentative and accusatory, then claiming you didn't mean to be.

Before I tried a Yuengling, I had only heard positive things. I was not brewing my own beer yet, and I wasn't (nor am I now) opposed to BMC beers as a valid taste preference. I thought, "I haven't tried one of those, I've heard they're good, let's find out what the buzz is about."

Then I hated it.

There's no snobbery going on here, it's just a matter of taste. Even the guy who claims only to like craft brews (or however he phrased it) isn't necessarily showing bias against mass market beers. It's a simple fact that those beers cover a very narrow range of styles, and styles outside that range are much, much better represented among craft/microbreweries. (Just in terms of number, not necessarily "better" meaning quality.)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #197
tre9er
Recipes 

I used to like Yuengling when I predominantly drank Busch Light and Killians. I later switched to mostly craft brews and even not drinking at all for a year and a half. The last time I had a Yuengling I expected to like it as I always had, but I didn't. I notice the same thing when I try Busch Light and the other BMC beers I used to drink.

Ever upgrade your coffee and then go back to Folgers? Your taste buds get familiar with what you got.

I drink a lot of pales and IPA's, flavorful beers, too. When I have my neighbor's Pilsner (he's an excellent, long-time brewer) I often don't like it very much. It's not a bad beer, just not my style.

Quote:
Open log Fermenting and gas-can secondary?? I am planning my next brew right now!!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #198
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
My mistake.

I used to drink a lot of it. Was happy to see it on tap recently.

Too sweet for me now. Often the Yuengling taps aren't clean around here too. But even when it's clean, I don't really like it.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #199
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre9er View Post
I taste banana in Bud Light sometimes, especially draft.
I get green apples from Bud. It's pretty faint but over time disgusts me more and more. I can handle most of the macro beers, but have a hard time with Bud.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #200
tre9er
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz View Post
I get green apples from Bud. It's pretty faint but over time disgusts me more and more. I can handle most of the macro beers, but have a hard time with Bud.
When we go to this bowling alley they have Bud Light or Boulevard Wheat on tap. The Boulevard always tastes funky, like feet or something, and it's WAY more expensive. So we pay the $11 or whatever it is for a pitcher of Bud Light. I usually end up having a hard time not thinking about how it tastes like salt and has banana hints.

Quote:

Quick Reply