Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 381 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My hillbilly uncle found out that I was brewing and gave me a call to give me some advice...

"You know...brewing is pretty easy, but when you start making the ice beers is when it gets tough, Its very important to boil the yeast after you add it and then put it in the fridge and turn it down as cold as possible. It's harder but your friends will all want the ice beer because it ***** you up."

I was surprised that a guy who used to make meth wasn't capable of wrapping his head around the brewing process.

I don't often feel like a stereotypical West Virginian, but after re-reading this post.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpertskir
My hillbilly uncle found out that I was brewing and gave me a call to give me some advice...

"You know...brewing is pretty easy, but when you start making the ice beers is when it gets tough, Its very important to boil the yeast after you add it and then put it in the fridge and turn it down as cold as possible. It's harder but your friends will all want the ice beer because it ***** you up."

I was surprised that a guy who used to make meth wasn't capable of wrapping his head around the brewing process.

I don't often feel like a stereotypical West Virginian, but after re-reading this post.....
Sounds like, for his needs, his brewing process was excellent.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
GingerBeer515
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I used to work in a German-style beer hall. Do you have any idea how many people think they don't like hefeweizens because they are "too hoppy?"

Yeast esters. Thaaaat's the answer we're looking for.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
AmandaK
Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KISS Brew View Post
"Guinness is a meal."

Maybe for a 5 year old?
I laugh out loud every time I hear this. There's a place in KC where you can get anything on tap in a GIANT wax paper cup. I always get a Guinness. Nearly everybody looks at me funny.

Oh, and there is a new nanobrewery in St. Louis called Exit 6. The owner's motto is "No Crap on Tap". While wearing his Exit 6 shirt out of the brewery in public, some young woman walked up to him and commented, "Exit 6? That place sucks! They don't even serve Bud Light!!"
Souring: #32 Lambic 2.0, #49 Lambic 3.0, #60 3763 Flanders Brown, #61 WLP665 Flanders Brown
Conditioning: #38 Golden Sour, #58 Hooch Cider, #79 Dopplebock, #84 Amy Cider
Drinkin': #16 Lambic 1.0 (Drunk Monk BOS), #84 Fall Cider
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #15
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaK View Post
Oh, and there is a new nanobrewery in St. Louis called Exit 6. The owner's motto is "No Crap on Tap". While wearing his Exit 6 shirt out of the brewery in public, some young woman walked up to him and commented, "Exit 6? That place sucks! They don't even serve Bud Light!!"
I would have loved to have seen his face when she said that
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing
cpesko Likes This 
Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
DubBrew
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I was at a bar yesterday and the lady asked the waitress if she had Crispin. She said no, but what is it like so I can make a suggestion. The lady said it is like blue moonand her friend said no it is more like white wine. After the waitress suggested a hoegarrden (sp? ) she said no. I was right next to them and I mentioned that Crispin is a hard cider. The waitress listed their ciders and she ordered a Bud light.

Primary: Robust Porter
Next Up: Flander's Red

http://twitter.com/Tom_Ayers
Untappd: DubBrew
BJCP Certified
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #17
bradpoff
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was in a restaurant in auburn Alabama and the menu listed domestic and imported beers. Sam Adams was listed under the imports!

Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
janitorjerm
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I work with a wonderful gentlemen that says he won't drink lagers because he hates dark beers. When I asked him what he drinks he replied, "Mostly Coors."

Old 08-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
AmandaK
Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpoff View Post
I was in a restaurant in auburn Alabama and the menu listed domestic and imported beers. Sam Adams was listed under the imports!
There are plenty of bars in KC that put their "Domestics" on special, but Boulevard isn't part of the 'special'. How much more domestic can you get than 4 blocks down the street??

I got the waitress to agree with me that it should be called "Cheap Domestics Special".
Souring: #32 Lambic 2.0, #49 Lambic 3.0, #60 3763 Flanders Brown, #61 WLP665 Flanders Brown
Conditioning: #38 Golden Sour, #58 Hooch Cider, #79 Dopplebock, #84 Amy Cider
Drinkin': #16 Lambic 1.0 (Drunk Monk BOS), #84 Fall Cider
People Like This 
Old 08-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
MicroBrewMaster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

up until a few years ago most places in my area would always put yuengling in the import list and it be a ridicules price. I guess the name would throw them off thinking it was some kinda foreign brewery, yet its from the next state over, I hated that so much

Primary - Unearthly clone
Primary -

keg 1 - Kolsch
Keg 2 - Cassvile IPA
Keg 3 - Chocolate Stout
Keg 4 - Stans Session
Keg 5 - Cream of Heat
Keg 6 - Barb Berry Blonde
Keg 7 - Helles
People Like This 

Quick Reply