Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #1491
tennesseean_87
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Haha sound advice, and I would not say all "well actually" users are dbags. I have seen you around the forum and seen you use it, and you never came off as an asshole to me lol. But many people who use "well actually" are trying to be, as you so eloquently put it "nazi grammar trolls"

Doesn't seem like something I want to try and picture haha.
Wait, is there a difference between regular German grammar and Nazi grammar? One of you 'Well, actually...' guys should overflow some knowledge on me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #1492
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 887 Times on 612 Posts
Likes Given: 113

well, actually... there is a difference between High German and Low German

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #1493
MotorcycleMatt
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Back on topic!!!! My friend said I should name the double ipa I'm going to brew "dick in the dirt ipa" cause that's where it would put him lol

Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #1494
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2103 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Sammy hagar song...you're bud must be a fan of van hagar. Didn't hardly hurt one bit...

Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #1495
mgortel
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline; it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

- Frank Zappa

EVERYONE is entitled to my opinion!

Primary #1: Fat Tire Clone
Primary #2: Oatmeal Stout
Primary #3: Empty

Upcoming Brews:
English Pale Ale

Bottled:
Biermuncher Centennail Blonde

People Like This 
Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM   #1496
robertfraser
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
Hahha good point seeing as "Well actually..." Is more often than not followed by some random fact that doesn't even apply that someone pulls out of left field just to sound like they are just overflowingly full of knowledge

Example: hey dude you spelled hopps wrong
"We'll actually originally a tribe in papa new gunie discovered hops in the early 1500s and spelled then as Hopps with two Ps which we later found documented on the Mayan calendar. So technically he didn't spell hops wrong he we referring to the ancient spelling"

I see how this could easily be resolved with a swift kick in the nards
Well, actually, I think the correct term is 'nads.

I also just dislocated my knee trying to kick my self in the "nads" for posting this.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #1497
WesleyBrewViking
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfraser View Post

I also just dislocated my knee trying to kick my self in the "nads" for posting this.
Well actually... 'nads is the short form of gonads, the organs responsible for gamete production.

Quote:
Well actually... 'nads is the short form of gonads, the organs responsible for gamete production.
Well actually, the etymology goes deeper than that:

Quote:
gonad (n.) 1880, from Modern Latin gonas (plural gonades), coined from Greek gone, gonos "seed, act of generation, race, family," from gignesthai "be born," related to genos "race, birth, descent" (see genus). Related: gonads.
Well actually... I'm just being a d!ck.

Quote:
Well actually... I'm just being a d!ck.
Well actually the correct term is "Richard"

Quote:
Well actually the correct term is "Richard"
Well actually...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #1498
ProstheticHead
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I've been trying to read this entire thread...whooo...good reading, but I really gotta get back to my life..anyway, I just had an experience that reminded me of this post...

A local liquor store just put taps in and sells growlers. Which is a big deal here(Finally!!!)The owner did a great job getting good beers, Bells, Founders, Sixpoint, etc. Anyways, as me and my friend are discussing with the owner what he would be adding soon, a passerby was asking questions about every single beer..."whats schafly? whats dirty bastard? whats rye beer taste like? But at the same time, he was trying his best to sound knowledgable, as if he'd tried about everything, then he said, whats that Bells Winter Ale like? I mean, I really like Ales, so I'd probably like it." Me and my friend just gave a beer snob smile and let it go

Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #1499
dkwolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfraser View Post

OT, but have you ever seen someone actually do that? (Kick themselves in the nads, that is)

Had a guy on my floor freshman year of college that figured out one night he could do it. And would, on request.

Which we did often.

Pretty sure he can't breed now. (Which, in retrospect, is probably a good thing.)

Edit to add: The non-knee dislocating trick is, you use the heel of your foot in an upward striking motion. I personally thank all that is good and holy that I am nowhere near flexible enough for an accidental self-inflicted nad kick, but it can be done.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 AM   #1500
Billybrewer09
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Was at a local restaurant and the owner came out and was sitting with a couple ladies. One of them ordered a schlafly porter. He proceeds to say that it is a very good beer for people that normally drink bud light because it is lager-y.

Quick Reply