Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #1451
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCOLA
I'm a PTA in our local hospital. The nurses had one of my patient's foley catheter bag(urine bag) in a tub of ice for some testing procedure today. They wanted it left in the tub while we walked. When she saw the 1/2 full bag of pale urine on ice she said "Coors!"
Haha that's awesome!

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Benjamin Franklin (and I don't care if this quote has been largely discredited/misquoted...I like it!)

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #1452
kenkiro
Recipes 

A good friend of mine tries a Honey Bee Ale I had brewed and let me know "Its okay brotha but there's just too much alcohol in these home brews". This was said while he was pounding Makers like water and chasing it with Miller Lite.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #1453
tennesseean_87
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 84 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Here's a good one from another thread.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #1454
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1027 Times on 771 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
Honestly, if that happened to me, I'd chalk it up to a mistake rather than ignorance. They're probably on the same tower/rail/coffin, most likely next to each other. Busy bars make swaps like that all the time, and unless it's radically different in color, it's not enough to notice they pulled the wrong tap when they looked up to see some random person waving money/etc
Never had torpedo myself, but it always looked like it was very close in color to the PA... not like they handed you a Coors.
Yeah I will account for that. I went to a crappy college bar for a friend of a family members birthday. Being a little poor that week and with the bar only having BMC and Guinness and I was not feeling the Guinness that night ordered a BL draft. What I got was... watery-cidery rather than watery-beery. I think they gave me some sort of angry orchard (their cider on tap) snakebite only with BL. It could not be a straight cider and definitely was not a beer. Yuck.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #1455
Mojzis
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Right from my microbiology book:

Old 01-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #1456
phenry
Recipes 

Liked 115 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 21

"Yeah I think I'm gonna set half of these aside to age for a few months" - referring to this year's Hopslam.

You'd think if someone was to be spending ~$18 on a 6 pack they'd educate themselves at least a little about the beer they were buying.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #1457
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2669 Times on 1738 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenry
"Yeah I think I'm gonna set half of these aside to age for a few months" - referring to this year's Hopslam.

You'd think if someone was to be spending ~$18 on a 6 pack they'd educate themselves at least a little about the beer they were buying.
What? That hop flavor and aroma doesn't just keep getting better and better with time? :P

Long story short, Beer.

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #1458
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 265 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCOLA View Post
I'm a PTA in our local hospital. The nurses had one of my patient's foley catheter bag(urine bag) in a tub of ice for some testing procedure today. They wanted it left in the tub while we walked. When she saw the 1/2 full bag of pale urine on ice she said "Coors!"
On a kinda similar note, at Philly Beerfest, Cricket Hill has a Coors tap, that pumps out water to clean your glass
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #1459
iambeer
Recipes 

Liked 157 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I heard this dumb 13 year old girl saying beer kills brain cells, makes you gain weight, and destroys your liver.

Was like.. bitch I ain't that fat.. YET.

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #1460
RainyDay
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenry

To be fair, I know enthusiasts and brewers who do this for kicks, all in the name of science. Your situation may have been different, but I've seen this by well educated brewers just because they could.

Quick Reply