Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #1151
Hlmartin22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 38
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieBrewer
I was at my LHBS the other day. A guy came in who had received a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas, and was looking for more supplies. The owner of the shop was very patient with him, answered all of his questions, and somehow avoided bashing the fact he was using a Mr. Beer (everyone starts somewhere). After they both have an armload of cleaner, sanitizer, extract, yeast packs, etc., he grabs the bottle of Star-San and asks, "I use well water, do I need to add more of this to my wort than normal to make sure I kill everything." The look on the owner's face was priceless.
This should be interesting
"Yeah, let's say half the bottle undiluted

Also, make sure you add it after the yeast pitch!"
Hahahahahahahahahaha
__________________
Hlmartin22 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #1152
blefferd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 455
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Newbie brewers thinking they can make BCM style beers cheaper than you can buy it for..

Also I have seen alot of Bluemoon Bashing, seems alot of people on here forget Bluemoon started out as a micro/craft brewery till Coors bought them out. I dont care for it but its still a drinkable beer.

Not beer but since the TV show moonshiners has came out there seems to be a lot of "shine" makers coming out of the wood work (at least where I work) and you can tell after 2 mins of conversation they have no clue what they are talking about while acting like they have been squeezing corn all there life.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like they drink "good" beer and look down on me when I drink Natural Light. This is not the homebrew crowd, its the every day folks that have no clue about beer and act like Natural Light is cold goat piss while they are drinking a Bud Light.. I usually just laugh at them, cause they really have no clue what good beer is.

__________________
Автомат Калашникова Brewing Co.

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007
blefferd is offline
turkeydinner Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #1153
moscoeb
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 421
Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownLiquorPig
So my SWMBO was raised a Mormon, but she's non-practicing at best. She drinks, no worries there, but still can't come to grips with food and alcohol. She won't cook with alcohol, won't drink while she's eating.

Anyway, this morning she tells me that she doesn't like that I use our 4.5 gallon pot to brew in. Apparently she's worried my unfermented sugar water will some how contaminate her next stew with alcohol.....
I'd be more worried about her using my brew pot for her stew!!
__________________
moscoeb is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1154
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd
Newbie brewers thinking they can make BCM style beers cheaper than you can buy it for..

Also I have seen alot of Bluemoon Bashing, seems alot of people on here forget Bluemoon started out as a micro/craft brewery till Coors bought them out. I dont care for it but its still a drinkable beer.

Not beer but since the TV show moonshiners has came out there seems to be a lot of "shine" makers coming out of the wood work (at least where I work) and you can tell after 2 mins of conversation they have no clue what they are talking about while acting like they have been squeezing corn all there life.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like they drink "good" beer and look down on me when I drink Natural Light. This is not the homebrew crowd, its the every day folks that have no clue about beer and act like Natural Light is cold goat piss while they are drinking a Bud Light.. I usually just laugh at them, cause they really have no clue what good beer is.
I have that same problem cause I drink Milwaukee's best sometimes.
__________________
Lushife is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #1155
Gameface
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gameface's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 1,214
Liked 228 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownLiquorPig View Post
So my SWMBO was raised a Mormon, but she's non-practicing at best. She drinks, no worries there, but still can't come to grips with food and alcohol. She won't cook with alcohol, won't drink while she's eating.

Anyway, this morning she tells me that she doesn't like that I use our 4.5 gallon pot to brew in. Apparently she's worried my unfermented sugar water will some how contaminate her next stew with alcohol.....
Sounds like you've got a green light to buy a new brew kettle. Score!
__________________
Gameface is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1156
blefferd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 455
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife View Post
I have that same problem cause I drink Milwaukee's best sometimes.
I dont have enough money to buy the good stuff all the time, I drink ALOT of beer.
__________________
Автомат Калашникова Brewing Co.

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007
blefferd is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1157
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stow, MA
Posts: 11,027
Liked 1354 Times on 1096 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd View Post
[...]
My pet peeve is when someone acts like they drink "good" beer and look down on me when I drink Natural Light. This is not the homebrew crowd, its the every day folks that have no clue about beer and act like Natural Light is cold goat piss while they are drinking a Bud Light.. I usually just laugh at them, cause they really have no clue what good beer is.
Next time you get into a tiny-dick swinging contest over the comparative merits of "light beers", try to remember this might be your last day in this particular Reality, and you probably shouldn't waste a lot of it...

Cheers!
__________________
day_trippr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #1158
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd

I dont have enough money to buy the good stuff all the time, I drink ALOT of beer.
Same here and I don't wanna pay a few bucks more for Miller or something especially when I like Best better.
__________________
Lushife is offline
kylemryan Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #1159
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 30,523
Liked 2210 Times on 1926 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Default

Milwauke's best is made by miller.
__________________
Everything works if ya let it-Roady(meatloaf)
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
unionrdr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #1160
Lushife
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Red Bank, NJ
Posts: 706
Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
Milwauke's best is made by miller.
I know I meant MGD. I'd rather buy their cheap beer than their "premium beer"
__________________
Lushife is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 50 04-22-2014 02:03 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 06:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 07:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 11:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 09:38 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS