Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #1151
Hlmartin22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkieBrewer
I was at my LHBS the other day. A guy came in who had received a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas, and was looking for more supplies. The owner of the shop was very patient with him, answered all of his questions, and somehow avoided bashing the fact he was using a Mr. Beer (everyone starts somewhere). After they both have an armload of cleaner, sanitizer, extract, yeast packs, etc., he grabs the bottle of Star-San and asks, "I use well water, do I need to add more of this to my wort than normal to make sure I kill everything." The look on the owner's face was priceless.
This should be interesting
"Yeah, let's say half the bottle undiluted

Also, make sure you add it after the yeast pitch!"
Hahahahahahahahahaha

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #1152
blefferd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Newbie brewers thinking they can make BCM style beers cheaper than you can buy it for..

Also I have seen alot of Bluemoon Bashing, seems alot of people on here forget Bluemoon started out as a micro/craft brewery till Coors bought them out. I dont care for it but its still a drinkable beer.

Not beer but since the TV show moonshiners has came out there seems to be a lot of "shine" makers coming out of the wood work (at least where I work) and you can tell after 2 mins of conversation they have no clue what they are talking about while acting like they have been squeezing corn all there life.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like they drink "good" beer and look down on me when I drink Natural Light. This is not the homebrew crowd, its the every day folks that have no clue about beer and act like Natural Light is cold goat piss while they are drinking a Bud Light.. I usually just laugh at them, cause they really have no clue what good beer is.

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007
turkeydinner Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #1153
moscoeb
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownLiquorPig
So my SWMBO was raised a Mormon, but she's non-practicing at best. She drinks, no worries there, but still can't come to grips with food and alcohol. She won't cook with alcohol, won't drink while she's eating.

Anyway, this morning she tells me that she doesn't like that I use our 4.5 gallon pot to brew in. Apparently she's worried my unfermented sugar water will some how contaminate her next stew with alcohol.....
I'd be more worried about her using my brew pot for her stew!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1154
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd
Newbie brewers thinking they can make BCM style beers cheaper than you can buy it for..

Also I have seen alot of Bluemoon Bashing, seems alot of people on here forget Bluemoon started out as a micro/craft brewery till Coors bought them out. I dont care for it but its still a drinkable beer.

Not beer but since the TV show moonshiners has came out there seems to be a lot of "shine" makers coming out of the wood work (at least where I work) and you can tell after 2 mins of conversation they have no clue what they are talking about while acting like they have been squeezing corn all there life.

My pet peeve is when someone acts like they drink "good" beer and look down on me when I drink Natural Light. This is not the homebrew crowd, its the every day folks that have no clue about beer and act like Natural Light is cold goat piss while they are drinking a Bud Light.. I usually just laugh at them, cause they really have no clue what good beer is.
I have that same problem cause I drink Milwaukee's best sometimes.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #1155
Gameface
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTownLiquorPig View Post
So my SWMBO was raised a Mormon, but she's non-practicing at best. She drinks, no worries there, but still can't come to grips with food and alcohol. She won't cook with alcohol, won't drink while she's eating.

Anyway, this morning she tells me that she doesn't like that I use our 4.5 gallon pot to brew in. Apparently she's worried my unfermented sugar water will some how contaminate her next stew with alcohol.....
Sounds like you've got a green light to buy a new brew kettle. Score!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #1156
blefferd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushife View Post
I have that same problem cause I drink Milwaukee's best sometimes.
I dont have enough money to buy the good stuff all the time, I drink ALOT of beer.

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007

Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1157
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1354 Times on 1096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd View Post
[...]
Next time you get into a tiny-dick swinging contest over the comparative merits of "light beers", try to remember this might be your last day in this particular Reality, and you probably shouldn't waste a lot of it...

Cheers!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #1158
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blefferd

I dont have enough money to buy the good stuff all the time, I drink ALOT of beer.
Same here and I don't wanna pay a few bucks more for Miller or something especially when I like Best better.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #1159
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2210 Times on 1926 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Milwauke's best is made by miller.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #1160
Lushife