Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #101
jestmaty
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: katy, texas
Posts: 138
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Oh my.... homebrewed beer?

I don't know...

Is it safe?

I know you don't know me, but I'm kinda a germiphobe...

Will it make me sick? Oh.. I've never done this before, are you sure it's ok?






I swear this was a true conversation back in May.





Little did this lady know how much attention is paid to sanitation when making beer. BTW, she didn't get sick and she actually kinda liked my homebrew

__________________
jestmaty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #102
bell0347
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Conroe, TX.
Posts: 150
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

I recently asked the barely legal waitress at a local watering hole what wheat beers they had on tap. She said she didn't really know but would ask the bartender. She returned about 5 minutes later with the reply that "all beers are wheat beers because that's the main ingredient".

__________________

B.Bell

"Hell, it aint rocket surgery"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Beer should never enter a septic system until it's had a trip through the kidneys first. :D
bell0347 is offline
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #103
mmonacel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 548
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
In a Usa today crossword puzzle the clue was "An alternative to beer" answer Ales??
Had to be "wine", no?
__________________

"Goin' downtown to the disco, gotta do it right away. Got a funky thing to get into, gonna blow my blues away!"

mmonacel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #104
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,051
Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
I don't get the hatred for Shocktop and Blue Moon. I'm quite fond of both of them, despite knowing that they're owned by the big international conglomerates so often called "BMC"...
It doesn't change the fact that they are easy drinking beers with some actual flavor- the fact that they're offered in so many bars and restaurants now does amazing things for "real" craft beer.

If you don't care for them, that's your opinion and prerogative, but that doesn't make them foul just because you say so, no matter how loudly or often.
Hell, I drank Blue Moon for a while as I was dipping my toes into craft beer, and it's what gave me the confidence to try imported belgians and other superficially similar beers like hefe's- cloudy beer is almost scary when all you've been exposed to is fizzy yellow water.

I'm by no means an expert, but I know a lot more now because I was introduced to the rest of the beer world.
I would NOT drink any beer I put my toes in. Just saying...
__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is offline
mikesr71 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #105
EnjoyGoodBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rockford, Illinois
Posts: 418
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell0347
I recently asked the barely legal waitress at a local watering hole what wheat beers they had on tap. She said she didn't really know but would ask the bartender. She returned about 5 minutes later with the reply that "all beers are wheat beers because that's the main ingredient".
I would have walked out.
__________________
EnjoyGoodBeer is offline
BoxMan Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #106
TheCatman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 172
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've seen a few comments on Youtube videos that have made me lol.

"Wheat doesn't go in beer. Beer is yeast and hops."

And my favorite: "Guinness isn't a beer, it's a draught."

__________________
TheCatman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #107
bovineblitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 2,332
Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

On a tour at Sam Adams the tour guide was explaining crystal malts. He said the difference between them is how long they're roasted. Crystal 40 is roasted for 40 minutes, crystal 10 is roasted for 10 minutes, crystal 80 is roasted for 80 minutes...

He also said they're different from 'regular' malts due to temperature. No mention of water or anything.

/facepalm

Fortunately, I'm sure nobody in the tour group remembered that but me.

__________________
bovineblitz is offline
grahambo85 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #108
Phyrst
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 185
Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestmaty View Post
Oh my.... homebrewed beer?

I don't know...

Is it safe?

I know you don't know me, but I'm kinda a germiphobe...

Will it make me sick? Oh.. I've never done this before, are you sure it's ok?






I swear this was a true conversation back in May.





Little did this lady know how much attention is paid to sanitation when making beer. BTW, she didn't get sick and she actually kinda liked my homebrew
Ugh. I've had this exact conversation with my sister-in-law and probably a half dozen other people. Is it safe? Am I going to get bochelism or E-coli?
__________________
Phyrst is offline
honreth Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #109
HawksBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,509
Liked 1029 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
In a Usa today crossword puzzle the clue was "An alternative to beer" answer Ales??
I would assume they used the word "alternative" to mean synonym. And saying "an" instead of "the" left the door open for other alternatives unilsted (such as lager, etc.).
__________________
HawksBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #110
Jesster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksBrewer

I would assume they used the word "alternative" to mean synonym. And saying "an" instead of "the" left the door open for other alternatives unilsted (such as lager, etc.).
Answer was indead Ales. And yea I mean I dont see how ale is a alternative to beer but I guess its all in the wording.
__________________
Jesster is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I need a funny beer saying!!! dcodd87 General Beer Discussion 50 04-22-2014 01:03 PM
Funny Beer Commercials KeyWestBrewing General Beer Discussion 0 06-16-2012 05:38 AM
Funny Beer Commercial doctorRobert General Beer Discussion 1 06-09-2011 06:51 PM
The funny things you find on Craigslist briguy General Beer Discussion 9 02-12-2011 10:44 PM
32 things you can do with beer ayrton General Beer Discussion 9 03-26-2007 08:38 PM