Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #1081
jerrodm
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I can't usually get 'em because my girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. But I do enjoy the taste of a good burger...

For they garner the succulent berries of the hop and mass and sift and bruise and brew them and they mix therewith sour juices and bring the must to the sacred fire and cease not night or day from their toil, those cunning brothers, lords of the vat. -James Joyce

On deck: Orange Cranberry Wit, Dusseldorf Altbier
Primary: Belgian Partigyle Tripel/Saison, 1/1
Secondary: none
Bottles: Northern Brown Ale, 1/10; English IPA, 12/31; Cider, 12/9; White House Honey Ale AG, 12/9;
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #1082
bleme
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrodm
I can't usually get 'em because my girlfriend's a vegetarian, which pretty much makes me a vegetarian. But I do enjoy the taste of a good burger...
I've noticed that this tends to depend on WHY she is a vegetarian. If it is a moral issue, you are pretty much screwed but I know a few who just don't like meat. Those have no problem with others eating meat.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #1083
atom
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 17

at applebees over the weekend...

me: "what do you have on tap?"
waitress: "miller, coors, bud, blue moon, sam adams winter, troegs alpine something...alpine lace i think"

i was thoroughly confused...alpine lace is a is a brand of cheese. i think maybe they had sam adams alpine spring on and she mixed the two up. so i ordered the troegs and received their pale...(not cheese ale).

Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #1084
jerrodm
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Oh sorry--that was a further Pulp Fiction reference. I'm married, and my wife loves to eat meat. She's also a carnivore.

See what I did there?

For they garner the succulent berries of the hop and mass and sift and bruise and brew them and they mix therewith sour juices and bring the must to the sacred fire and cease not night or day from their toil, those cunning brothers, lords of the vat. -James Joyce

On deck: Orange Cranberry Wit, Dusseldorf Altbier
Primary: Belgian Partigyle Tripel/Saison, 1/1
Secondary: none
Bottles: Northern Brown Ale, 1/10; English IPA, 12/31; Cider, 12/9; White House Honey Ale AG, 12/9;
People Like This 
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1085
Evan_L
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleme View Post
I've noticed that this tends to depend on WHY she is a vegetarian. If it is a moral issue, you are pretty much screwed but I know a few who just don't like meat. Those have no problem with others eating meat.
Wait, surely you are kidding. You have not seen this? I'm truly sorry but due to section 3a, paragraph 7, of the manhood charter.....

Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #1086
Krovitz
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 64

My boss just told me he was at Trinity brew house in Providence over the weekend. After looking through the menu, he asked the waitress if they had any domestic beers. The waitress laughed and said they're all domestic.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #1087
bleme
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L

Wait, surely you are kidding. You have not seen this? I'm truly sorry but due to section 3a, paragraph 7, of the manhood charter.....
Personally, I wouldn't give up meat for Jessica Alba but to each their own....
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #1088
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2251 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Went to the local Bennigans and asked what they had for craft beer. The waitress was having a tough time with remembering the list so she just brought tasters of like 3 of them so I could try them.

This is going above and beyond.

Then she delivered the Christmas Ale in a pilsner glass.

:headsmack:

Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #1089
WannabeBeerNerd
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Several years ago, when my wife and I were still dating she took me by her dad's house to meet him for the first time. He's a BMC kind of guy who drinks something with pretty much every meal.

You'd think I'd want to make a good first impression here...

Anyway, she introduces me and he asks me if I'd like something to drink. I ask what he has and he says Coors Light. I then say that if I had a squirrel willing to piss in my mouth in one hand and a Coors Light in the other that I would still need to flip a coin to figure out which way to go. Lucky for me he'd killed more than a few brain cells over the years, so his initial response was a blank look at me then at her...Then he asks...Is that a no? At this point my future wife jumps in and tries to cover for me and says, that was a no, and he's just trying to be funny, blah, blah, blah...

To this day I have no idea why I said it, and especially at that particular moment....but I still think the statement is valid.

She still doesn't trust me talk to other grownups unsupervised

Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #1090
rodwha
Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 68

"Anyway, she introduces me and he asks me if I'd like something to drink. I ask what he has and he says Coors Light. I then say that if I had a squirrel willing to piss in my mouth in one hand and a Coors Light in the other that I would still need to flip a coin to figure out which way to go. Lucky for me he'd killed more than a few brain cells over the years, so his initial response was a blank look at me then at her...Then he asks...Is that a no? At this point my future wife jumps in and tries to cover for me and says, that was a no, and he's just trying to be funny, blah, blah, blah...

To this day I have no idea why I said it, and especially at that particular moment....but I still think the statement is valid.

She still doesn't trust me talk to other grownups unsupervised "

That is soooo funny!
I've been known to speak before I think and put my foot in my mouth. I think SWMBO waits for me to speak up just to see what I may say!

"Anyway on the wall was this sign. People who drink light beer don't really like beer. They just like to piss a lot."

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Quick Reply