Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Funny things you've overheard about beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #1061
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 964 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyDaze View Post
You shouldn't drink 20 of them. Hilarious!
That would definitively make you feel better, and the waitress a lot hotter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #1062
iambeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Went to TGI Fridays today because I got a gift card. Beer selection was pretty bad so I settled with one I hadn't had but seemed most likely to be a decent "craft" brew

Me: ill have a newcastle brown ale
Waitress: a Newcastle?? (Looks confused)
Me: (trying to help the confusion) do you need my ID or something?
Waitress: umm it's a drink?
I nod
Waitress: um yes please let me see it, anyone who looks under 40 sorry no offense
Me: oh no problem
Waitress: so a new, castle? That's a beer or a cocktail? Sorry I don't drink much

I tend not to be rude to people handling my food and drinks, also I am fairly certain she was new, and she was extremely polite, and apologetic, so I'm not going to flip out on some poor waitress like a dbag, but if she wasn't new then what the hell is wrong with her? I don't care if you don't drink you should know what your restaurant is selling. I have a feeling many people besides myself ask before almost anything else, "what do you have on draft?"

Oh and she came back to tell me they were out of newcastle, so I still haven't had it, is this a good beer?

TGIF is a place for kid's hamburgers. A place that doesn't allow 'rare' meat or has Sam Adams as the only halfway decent beer is just a typical chain restaurant that only cares for being bland and not being liable for anything.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 AM   #1063
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1768 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambeer

TGIF is a place for kid's hamburgers. A place that doesn't allow 'rare' meat or has Sam Adams as the only halfway decent beer is just a typical chain restaurant.
I can't stand not being able to order a steak rare or my hamburger medium-rare. Places that don't allow that are basically saying they don't serve quality product.

Long story short, Beer.

ATHB Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #1064
newb
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

On that note you should know this about Fridays. SWMBO ordered a garlic chicken and shrimp plate and asked if they could really hold back/ go easy on the spices, (she can't eat them due to IBS) the waitress said let me ask, and disappeared. The manager then comes out to explain to us that he is sorry but they can't alter it because all of their food is pre-prepared and pre packaged, sauces and spices on it. They just open the frozen package and cook it. I was NOT surprised, it was just sad that the illusion of a cook back there actually preparing the food was gone. Like I said we went because someone gave us a gift card for Christmas. I said to SWMBO well looks like we won't be back until this time next year, haha.

It is what it is though I guess. From a business stand point it makes sense. They make a killing this way, and with complete consistency even from one location to the next. The meals cost them so little. Then they hire a kid to operate a skillet for a few bucks an hour, cooking up these things as fast as he can. If the price of the food reflected the process a little better I would still go. But restaurant prices for a frozen bag skillet meal they sell at the grocery store, that is hard for me to buy into. I guess their food is like their beer selection; standard, basic, macro, and well advertised for the sheep to throw money at.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #1065
drainbamage
Something something danger zone
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 484 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 874

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcory77 View Post
He has not had any more of my brews for the past 2 years.
From him not wanting to try any, or from you not offering it?

Old 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #1066
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by biochemedic View Post

The Keurig I just bought my wife for xmas brews (by default, no less) at 192*F...However, I've not noticed anything particularly insane about the coffee and tea I've drank from this apparent implement of evil!
We just got a Keurig for Christmas, one thing I've noticed, I have not really enjoyed any of the coffee I've had from it. Prefer a Bunn or a French Press much more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."
OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #1067
rifraf
Recipes 

Liked 196 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post

We just got a Keurig for Christmas, one thing I've noticed, I have not really enjoyed any of the coffee I've had from it. Prefer a Bunn or a French Press much more.
My wife and I work at the same place, so we took ours to work. You can get some semi decent stuff, and it's better than the crap they have around the office. We have a French Press at home... Doesn't get much better than that in my book.
You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.
OG_IBU_Bunghole Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #1068
tcory77
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drainbamage

From him not wanting to try any, or from you not offering it?
I don't offer it. If he showed some interest I wouldn't tell him no. I just keep some easy drinking commercial beers around for when he comes around.

If I told him his cooking would make good dog food he would loose his marbles!!!!! If something is not your cup of tea, cool, no biggie, I get that. Just have some courtesy !!!! Ah, brothers......if they don't try to take you out at the knees then what are they good for?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #1069
newb
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcory77

Ah, brothers......if they don't try to take you out at the knees then what are they good for?
Truer words were never spoken my friend haha

Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #1070
microbusbrewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb
The manager then comes out to explain to us that he is sorry but they can't alter it because all of their food is pre-prepared and pre packaged, sauces and spices on it. They just open the frozen package and cook it.
Yeah my wife worked at Red Lobster back in the early 90's and it was the same thing there. The only thing that didn't come in a bag and that was prepared fresh was the salads. Just like you said, it's the McDonald's approach...a Big Mac in California needs to taste exactly like a Big Mac in France.

Quick Reply